Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Cloth Skull Possible Fake??

Hello Everyone,

I picked this up in a bag of US patches from a flea market about 8 or so years ago and have had this ever since. I dont know alot about it and I'm a young collector on the forum.. Probably the youngest but I've been in the hobby for almost 10 years now! So if someone could spread their knowledge with me and point out whether its fake and teach me something about it that would be awesome! If better pictures are needed let me know, the cloth skull does not glow under a UV light by the way

Many regards

Brayden

Attached Files

Comment

From the size of it it looks like it has been cut down from a panzer trapezoid, may have been worn on a cap at some point.

Comment

I'm not keen on it

Comment

I didn't think trapzoids came in flatwire. If it's made in flatwire it probably a cut down fake.
          Cheers
          Dave

Comment

Hmm interesting, I'll wait for some more replies to see what others say about it. Its clearly been clipped far down quite a bit, it's probably fake in my opinion but for the past years its been sitting around without the knowledge of if it's real or not.

Also what exactly is flatwire?

Thanks

Brayden

Comment

Tk

Hello,

I agree with Mr. Davies, the skull has been cut down from a reproduction trapezoid, which was done as a flat wire. I will post a photo of this type of repro later.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
                I agree with Mr. Davies, the skull has been cut down from a reproduction trapezoid, which was done as a flat wire.
                Exactly as Paul and Dave say.

Ian

Comment

Well darn thats unfortunate to hear, But thanks for sharing some knowledge with me

Many regards

Brayden

Comment

Fake flatwire of this specific type ;
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ahh, I see now. Thanks for pointing that out what would a real one be made of or look like?

Thanks

Brayden

Comment

Panzer Trap

Hi Brayden,

Here is a photo with one original (upper left) and three reproductions.
                        The skull you posted earlier was cut from the lower right fake, which is done
                        in flat wire.

Hope that helps,

Paul
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X