Heer/SS Foreign Volunteer Shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer/SS Foreign Volunteer Shields

From an old collection. Unusual embroidery with glue/scrapbook paper residue on the reverse. Thread has no reaction to UV. Have not been able to find similar constructed shields...Good ones? Collector copies?

Never seen any of them before TBH.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MYA-L41 met Tapatalk

Comment

Here is another shield from the same collection-Variant Flemish Legion...

Comment

The one from Kalmuckia , if original, shold be considered one of the most rare patches of the Wehrmacht.

Amazing!

The Flemish one looks like other original variants I have seen, but let the final judgement be done by others.

Comment

Im curious about the Hungarian one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MYA-L41 met Tapatalk

Comment

Fully machine embroidered patches with cut edges are typical of US production prior to the mid 1970,s but NOT WWII German! No matter how neat they are (and they are neat!) they just aren't real.

On the other hand, the Galation might have a chance. It's not a pattern I remember seeing before, but apparently many different types produced.

Comment

Yeah,

They are pretty cool! And are most likely US made. Just wander when? I couldn't find any modern databases depicting a few of these. There are a couple dozen more and all are different. Most I could find. I guess whoever embroidered these must have been very knowledgeable as some of these are very obscure.....

Comment

I agree with post #6!,,,but which are you referring to as the 'Galation' patch?

Comment

I'm sorry. I meant the Flemish lion in post #3. A slip I've made before.

Comment

Dr. Doll / Kalmucks

I have collected volunteer shields since 1976 and I have never seen this version of the Kalmuck shield...Very few people would know anything about this shield or have reference to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Farley View Post
                      I have collected volunteer shields since 1976 and I have never seen this version of the Kalmuck shield...Very few people would know anything about this shield or have reference to it.
                      Wow. Collecting shields for over 40 years! You must've acquired some rare pieces. Would mind showing some of them? (In the right forum of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X