Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EM SS-SD tunic & pants

Hello,

I got this EM SS-SD set a few years ago and I am looking for the approiate peaked cap. If someone has one for sale, then please send private message.
    All reviews welcome.

Thanks,

Robert
    Attached Files

More pic
    Attached Files

Comment

SS EM visor

There is a nice one on Virtual Grenadier right now. Lee

Comment

Is this an "issue", or private purchase tunic?

Comment

Hello Robert 999,

Thank you for your reply. It is an early style "issued" service tunic with slanted pockets and matching "pronounced" breeches. Notice the "Rock" style pattern on the tunic. I bought this as a set belonging to the same soldier. The sizes on both of them seem to match.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Lee,

Thanks for letting me know about the cap. I will take a look at it.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RBailey View Post
              Hello Robert 999,

Thank you for your reply. It is an early style "issued" service tunic with slanted pockets and matching "pronounced" breeches. Notice the "Rock" style pattern on the tunic. I bought this as a set belonging to the same soldier. The sizes on both of them seem to match.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Robert
              Thanks for the heads-up. The lack of belt hook holes was throwing me.

Comment

I wanted up date the thread with the finished uniform.

Thanks,

Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice set up. It does have the 1942 and before NCO collar tresse which the SD wore but combined with Waffen SS style shoulderstraps with same tresse.
                  Now it is showing the early collar configuration with army/SS style tresse
                  but in combination with the post 1942 shoulderboards which would have been worn without the collar tresse...
                  So its not regulation but more like a transitional set up and totally possible...adding the new rank boards but not removing the collar tresse...

I have the exact same uniform btw but came with no insignia...and no clear ghosts....a mystery...
                  I restored it to Zoll/customs as I found a picture of a Zoll official with an identical uniform..also with such high chest pockets and long skirt...

The Poland picture shows the early set up with silver collar rank tresse and military style shoulder straps... (you have a combination of the two...)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 04-30-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks Nick G,
                    I have seen a lot of variations of these uniforms. You are right about the shoulder boards and tresse. Some SD men also continued to wear the abolished piped collar tabs and collar with the newer shoulder boards throughout the war as well. There are several expamples in Michael Beaver's "Uniforms of the SS". I cannot post pictures due to copyrights.

Thanks,
                    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RBailey View Post
                      Thanks Nick G,
                      I have seen a lot of variations of these uniforms. You are right about the shoulder boards and tresse. Some SD men also continued to wear the abolished piped collar tabs and collar with the newer shoulder boards throughout the war as well. There are several expamples in Michael Beaver's "Uniforms of the SS". I cannot post pictures due to copyrights.

Thanks,
                      Robert
                      Yeah it did happen! I have Beaver's books. I'll check tonight!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X