SS tropical hat....opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS tropical hat....opinions please

Hallo, I wanted to have some opinions about this tropical SS hat I found.
    Thank you in advance.
    Regards
    Uwe
    Attached Files

Kkk
    Attached Files

Comment

Hhh
      Attached Files

Comment

That is not a standard SS tropical cap, and the SS insignia shadows are not convincing.

s/f Robert

Comment

The 1951 stamp does not help, either.

Comment

The date stamp, obviously a postwar theater or movie company warehouse stamp, may be related to the legendary stock of Československý státní film .
            I’m puzzled by the imprint of the skull only, centered quite high on the front so not to leave any room for the eagle. Puzzled also ‘cause I too got a similar cap with the same feature.
            I’m definitely not a fan of the thread air vents: they appear a little shoddy and too spacious . Metal grommets or no vents at all would make me more comfortable.

Comment

Many thanks guys.

Comment

I dont like the vents IMO.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MYA-L41 met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPennisi View Post
                  The date stamp, obviously a postwar theater or movie company warehouse stamp, may be related to the legendary stock of Československý státní film .
                  I’m puzzled by the imprint of the skull only, centered quite high on the front so not to leave any room for the eagle. Puzzled also ‘cause I too got a similar cap with the same feature.
                  I’m definitely not a fan of the thread air vents: they appear a little shoddy and too spacious . Metal grommets or no vents at all would make me more comfortable.
                  If i'm not mistaken, some ss wore the visored tropical cap with only the skull.
                  (or possibly the eagle was on the side of the cap as well)

Would pass on this cap for the reasons already mentioned.

Comment

"The date stamp, obviously a postwar theater or movie company warehouse stamp, may be related to the legendary stock of Československý státní film ."

Marco, please share what makes it "obvious" that this is a film studio marking. Most such film studio markings I've seen have multiple markings, always(?) in the top of the interior. Not disagreeing with you, just trying to learn.

Comment

"1951 " stamping is from the CZ Statni film stocks .
                      The cap is good IMO but the Air vents have been restored .
                      The cap could have been worn postwar in the Films for example , explaining the different badges traces ...
                      Nick

Comment

I also believe by the to me Original stamping that it resided with the movie house wardrobe..Owned several inventoried Original Third Reich hats from them...Billbert

Comment

I like it too and the grommets probably fell out and replaced with the handstitching as already stated.

Framed stamps (Studio name, Size, date etc...) are typical for Statni Studio...
                          The post war dates smudged out usually...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X