Some impressions of my new SS-album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some impressions of my new SS-album

Thought you would like to see some pictures of my latest purchase.
    I had been waiting with patience for this album for quite some time and now the deal is finished and it is all mine.
    The album belonged to a member of Totenkopf-Standarte "Oberbayern" and he was on duty in the Dachau-concentration camp in its early times. There are also photos of the party rally at Nürnberg 1935 and a visit of Mussoline in Munich.
    Here are just a few pics that I scanned tonight:

The album starts with a postcard with the text of the SS-Treuelied. The postcard was made by a well-known photographer in Dachau who still has the biggest photoshop today.

Followed by a photo of the sentinels of the barracks:

A photo of a comrade ( probably )

Heinrich Himmler

Next is another postcard of a wooden sign that stood somewhere at the entrance of the KZ:

Even more interesting is a private photo of the same sign:

Three photos of comrades and leaders, note the early SS-tunics, quite interesting.

Roll-call of the unit. In the background the buildings of the SS-barracks at Dachau:

Reichsparteitag 1935. Papa Eicke:

Hitler and other leaders. I like this shot of Jakob Grimminger.

Probably my favourite photo in that album. Helmets and gear, the standart in the middle. On the helmets in front are the white gloves for parade.

Eicke again, note his cape.

Playing around with children.

Comment

Of course a portrait is not missing in that album. My first one with the Oberbayern cuff-title:

Two last photos at the end of the album show soldiers with the Heimwehr Danzig cuff-title:

Close-up:

Hope You found something interesting in these photos. There are more, but these were the first that I wanted to scan.

Kind regards
      Robert

Comment

Robert, those photos are absolutely magnificient!

Congratulations with your newest purchase and many thanks for sharing all these great shots. The uniform details are fabulous and that wooden KZ sign is most interesting. Please, if you have the time, show us more pictures of this album.

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

WOW Robert ,

that is a superb album with really fantastic photos!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
          Francesco

Comment

This is really impressive. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Robert,

I'm glad to see you landed such a beautiful early TK album. Excellent addition to your collecton. If you ever get tired of it...

Comment

Congradulations Robert on what is an fantastic addition to your collection. I love the photos of both the twist white/black piping to the SS collar tabs, and esspecially that double vertical SS tunic. What a find!! Congradulations!

Any idea of what happened to the photographer? Did he serve with the 3SS on the Eastern Front?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Liontas
                  Congradulations Robert on what is an fantastic addition to your collection. I love the photos of both the twist white/black piping to the SS collar tabs, and esspecially that double vertical SS tunic. What a find!! Congradulations!

Any idea of what happened to the photographer? Did he serve with the 3SS on the Eastern Front?
                  Robert,is there much competition from North America for these high end photo albums,or are these private sales that you wait upon. have heard that many of the photos on e-ban and the like come from individuals from America going to Germany to solicit for albums.they then sell the photos individually for more money than the album but lose the history of the complete unit.

Comment

kurskss, this album appeared on a flea-market about a year ago, but I was not the lucky finder on that day. I heard rumours of that album and it turned out that I know somebody who knows the new owner. Now I tried to get that album and it took some time and talking again and again and of course a certain amount of money but in january I got the good news that he is willing to sell it to me. Again some weeks went by but now the deal is perfect.

It is almost impossible to get such albums via Ebay, they are almost always ripped off and Ebay would delete such auctions immediately.
                    I buy very very seldom at Ebay, most of my purchases come from my few but excellent "sources". Friends, some of them for 20+ years now, who know what I am looking for and bring me first-class photos.
                    Other buys are from fleamarkets and very little comes from veteran's families.

Kind regards
                    Robert

Comment

It's such a profound album. The pictures are a real pleasure to study over.

Comment

New SS album

Thanks for sharing with us Robert
                        Those are great pics<>can't wait to see more good stuff

Comment

it´s a very very nice album- my congratulation, thx u for posting pic´s

Comment

First and second pic: they dont wear the sleeve eagle!!
                            Last pic: note the party decal.........OFF CENTER TO THE TOP!!!

BEST ALBUM MATE!!!

cheers
                            Tom

Comment

Superb!

The full-on face picture is a young Georg Bochmann.
                              Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 03-28-2005, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X