Interesting SS Sleeve Eagle Photo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting SS Sleeve Eagle Photo...

Not often do you see a SS sleeve eagle being used as a breast eagle on a Wehrmacht tunic...
    Attached Files

w
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm., could be. I think its just the creases in the tunic are causing it to fold over in a manner that gives that impression. I think its just a standard breast eagle with odd appearance at that angle.

Comment

Agree

Agree

Originally posted by David T View Post
        Hmmm., could be. I think its just the creases in the tunic are causing it to fold over in a manner that gives that impression. I think its just a standard breast eagle with odd appearance at that angle.

Comment

Look at the eagle on the soldier on the right, which is wrinkled as well.
          The wing’s top edge is straight. On the eagle in question, the top edge
          Definitely angles down - it does look SS. Never seen anything like it before.
          We’ve all seen army eagles used by the SS, why not the reverse once in a blue moon?

Comment

Definitely a ss eagle you can tell with the shape of the wing tips.
            Interesting photo .
            Cheers
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by D Davies View Post
              Definitely a ss eagle you can tell with the shape of the wing tips
              I agree with Dave, plus you can see the surround all the way round the wing so there's none folded over.

Ian.

Comment

SS eagle for me.
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

SS eagle. Imagine trying to defend such an oddity in the collecting world.

Comment

Probably exchanged eagles with this soldier on the left .
                    Attached Files

Comment

And another for "different than usual", a panzerbaret eagle on a Schiffchen.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
                        Very cool photo. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
                          And not even a german sidecap

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                            SS eagle. Imagine trying to defend such an oddity in the collecting world.
                            But....they "never" did that.......never.....say never in this hobby.

Comment

The pictures were taken in Paris shortly after the capitulation. I am not sure it is a "not German" sidecap (?), something has been done to it for sure. Maybe a repair /modification to the lower rim? Turning the lower rim in and resewn with a rather broad stitch (visibly). The whole thing is rather out of shape and structure anyway ( see picture left on the back), the large eagle surely doesn't compliment the caps former appearance .
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X