ss cloth skull for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss cloth skull for review

I had a couple collectors online review this elsewhere but wanted to give it a 2nd run - I'd certainly appreciate any thoughts about potential buying prices if confirmed original...

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

This will make it easier to look at.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a site that may help you compare to some originals

http://ssrelics.net/ss-insignia.htm

#2 could be a match

Comment

As I already told you ... the skull is a fine original.

Ian

Comment

Eagle fake
          Skull original

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
            Eagle fake
            Skull original
            in fact i think eagle is good too just made outside Reich,i have never seen in my last 30 years of collecting one like this labeled as know fake.

Comment

Originally posted by wehl View Post
              in fact i think eagle is good too just made outside Reich,i have never seen in my last 30 years of collecting one like this labeled as know fake.
              Lets agree to disagree , just add picture of the know ss fakes eagles
              Please follow the link below
              http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...s-fake-639042/
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
                Lets agree to disagree , just add picture of the know ss fakes eagles
                Please follow the link below
                http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...s-fake-639042/
                i know all this repros ,the one that started this thread is a bit different as the one in middle on left in group shot of six ,show use and age which is hard to fake in fact .

Comment

Tk

The skull is a nice original. Price - between $400 - $600, IMO. I would shoot for the lower end of that, but people who are redoing a cap will often pay a high price for an original, used skull. Regarding Coogan's link in post #3, while a useful page, the skulls shown there are officer flat wire skulls. The skull you posted for review was never made in flat wire and that is why you do not see an exact match on that page.

Paul
                  Last edited by TK GUY; 02-04-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

The eagle is a older fake (60-70s) as already stated ....not an original made outside Reich story ....

The tk is original but it looks like it very frayed around the edges so would limit its use to display only and that would effect the value.

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
                      The skull is a nice original. Price - between $400 - $600, IMO. I would shoot for the lower end of that, but people who are redoing a cap will often pay a high price for an original, used skull. Regarding Coogan's link in post #3, while a useful page, the skulls shown there are officer flat wire skulls. The skull you posted for review was never made in flat wire and that is why you do not see an exact match on that page.

Paul
                      Yeah I realized that after I posted it, but was also trying to point him to some self learning.

Were the flatwire skulls made on different machines with different punching cards or whatever they used at the time ?

Comment

Tk

Originally posted by coogan View Post
                        Yeah I realized that after I posted it, but was also trying to point him to some self learning.

Were the flatwire skulls made on different machines with different punching cards or whatever they used at the time ?
                        Hi Coogan,

To my knowledge, the flat wire skulls and the EM versions, of the same skull pattern, were made on the same machines, using different materials for the different versions. Usually, you can find a flat wire skull pattern in an EM cloth version, most likely made by the same manufacturer, IMO. However, I would differ to Gary Wood or Bob Hritz on the manufacturing process of flat wire vs. the standard cloth.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Appreciate everyone's feedback!

Now to hopefully seal the deal...
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X