Flock Of Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flock Of Eagles

This is for the experts, which of them are real, which aren't ?
    Please if something isn't how it should be, say where to look for, I want to learn here.
    Thanks !

werner

Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Hi Werner,

Looking at the pic of the frontal side of the eagles,from left toward right,the first is original Belgian made, the second is one bad.
    Below, the first is one good middle style eagle and the second is a good earlier style.

All the best,
    Francesco

Comment

re

Hello Werner I also agree on this one with Francesco

The white-bevo Lookalike is an original belgium made one ( no I won,t call them Reitz made Hahahaha)

The yellow one is the famous bowling-pin fake
      The other two RZM-MADE ones are also IMO good ones

Cheers Johnny
      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

The yellow one is the famous bowling-pin fake

Cheers Johnny[/QUOTE]

Johnny,

this bowling pin fake intrigues me. First what do you mean by bowling-pin ?
        second what are the features to look for ?
        pw
        Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

re

Hello Werner
          the name bowling-pin is because of the innershape of the body it is the same as
          a bowling pin

Also the innershape of the body is to look at ,lack of detailing and very crude made

This is what i mean
          Attached Files
          sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

The two eagles on the left are original, the 2 on the right are not, the woven example is an Austrian fake, this is one of the early ones nothing will melt or glow on that example, it changed slightly in the mid 70's it no longer had the lower neck feather on the right, I will post a couple examples to illustrate that.

These Fake eagles have also been copied again, the later copies are not the same quality or use the same materials as you will find in your example.
            cheers,
            gary
            1st type in white
            Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

later Austrian type (mid late 70's)this example (which replaced the one above bears more of a resemblance to the officers type that was first produced in silver plated copper wire but has a smaller wing span,

Comment

and just for comparison here is the first type officers, the wire is silver plated copper wrap, the later replacement for this was more like the eagle above and had flat aluminium foil rather than round wrap.

All these items used to sold by the likes of Ken Lane, he sourced his metal badges on the whole from "RS" and the cloth from "CS", both wartime manufacturers

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN
                  Hello Werner
                  the name bowling-pin is because of the innershape of the body it is the same as
                  a bowling pin

Also the innershape of the body is to look at ,lack of detailing and very crude made

This is what i mean
                  john,

this is what started out as the bowling pin eagle or was it the coke bottle type, is the one above now in that category? i know collectors do give items names but it sure does confuse the issue sometimes.
                  cheers,
                  Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X