Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any body have a "Familien Chronik"?

I have both a black and red "Familien Chronik"

They both are the same size, have the same layout and the same artist. The red one however, has many more illustrations and quotes on the pages.

From the information I've gathered from forum members, they seem to be very similar to the SS version. Hence why I posted it here.

There doesn't seem to be a huge array of information on the internet, so I figured I ask:

Does anyone have any information on these books?

Does anyone have something like this? Maybe something similar or a variation?

I'm interested in seeing what you guys have!

Familien Chronik info

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...25&postcount=4

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post8051729
    Last edited by Capt. R; 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Not a familien chronik, an Ehren Chronik here:-

http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/viewph...h=4607&phqu=10

http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/viewphoto.php?x=0

Comment

Something like this?
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice named sippe chronik Michael. Does it have the MEHT Motto page? How about a filled ahnentafel or family crests?

Comment

Hi,

SS Familien-Chronik Kessenich :

- proposed as lot 8059, HH 72 April 29, 2016 (limit : 400 euros, hammer price : 1000 euros without fees).

- proposed on Hannah's Reich since at least June 2016 for 1425 gbp, then reduced at least in March 22, 2018 to 1000 gbp (then sold to Michael73).

See You

Vince

Comment

Are the runes embossed? Need more details to make sure not embellished to an ss chronik.

Comment

My example unfortunately had the circled SS runes de-nazified and another problem. I had the runes replaced. The owner was somewhat famous. Ahentafel filled out with images of ancestor's graves. The family crest was nicely done along with a hand inked explanation by Weisthor.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Joe
                  Thanks for an input!

somewhat famous? :-)
                  Are we seeng here actual book of Fritz Weitzel family??

My book is of similar design as yours, still with originalr runes present though, but totally unused

Comment

Hi,

your SS-F-C has the same cover as me Joe (only the runes on yours are not the exact same as the originals, check Michael73 model for the correct runes).

The pre-printed content is a bit different from mine (mine is B & W), but similar to the one of Michael73 (or another one sold years ago).

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                      Hi,

your SS-F-C has the same cover as me Joe (only the runes on yours are not the exact same as the originals, check Michael73 model for the correct runes).

The pre-printed content is a bit different from mine (mine is B & W), but similar to the one of Michael73 (or another one sold years ago).

See You

Vince
                      To de-nazify the book, the runes were cut out as a circle and the space filled with a small copy of the family crest. I had to fit the runes shown within the circle that was cut. It couldn't be any large to accept the larger runes shown on the other F-C. The factory printing is black but the paper has aged to parchment color.

Comment

Hello Joe,

two main types of SS-F-C front covers exist.
                        Your cover should have the runes of the type on my original (similar to yours, which is a variant of the Michael73 model).
                        The runes you used are the one of the other main type of SS-F-C, which is having a different font used for the title (like the one of Capt.R, Steve T or Ulric of England).
                        If you need high-quality scans of my runes/front cover, don't hesitate to contact me. You will be able to add the correct type of runes to your SS-F-C.

See You

Vince
                        Attached Files

Comment

Familien Chronik

From my collection
                          Attached Files

Comment

more
                            Attached Files

Comment

Stunning collection Don, very well presented

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X