.900 silver tk...fantasy piece???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.900 silver tk...fantasy piece???

Hello folks. Found this quite a while back in a mixed lot of smalls....kept it just because I thought it was neat, never really gave a thought as to it being anything other than a nifty little coin-silver fantasy piece w/ a good look to it. Came across it again just recently while going through some things, and thought I'd toss it up for your perusal. I don't believe it's rather diminutive size (measures just 3/4 of an inch in height and width), would seem to mesh w/ any sort of "period" type metal TK (or???), not to mention the fact that it's .900 silver. It has a very simple "RZM" logo on its reverse w/ no associated numbers or codes, and is stamped w/ the silver content .900 alongside. It has two mounting prongs, separately soldered onto the reverse. Again, I've always assumed it was just a neat, "whimsy" of a fantasy piece, but wonder if anyone else has ever come across one before? A few quick snaps below, and thx in advance for any feedback.
    Attached Files

That is a hideous casting of the skull type that was on the SS tuxedo breast badge.

Chris

Comment

And here is an original, (these were always aluminum).

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Chris, yes, I was under no impression that it was anything other than what I proposed it was, however, "hideous" it may be! I personally think it has a pretty nifty look to it...Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Well, I suppose that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but when I said hideous, I was simply referring to how inaccurate it is in comparison with an original in which it was based off of, (and even some of the much better fakes out there). Anyway, if you like it, then there is no harm there.

All the best,

Chris

Comment

Right you are Chris, nothing beats the details and high quality of the period items...(Thank goodness). Thanks again for commenting!

Comment

I can not say if your death head is a copy or not but..SS Gruppenführer (General) death heads where made of silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnarodden View Post
                I can not say if your death head is a copy or not but..SS Gruppenführer (General) death heads where made of silver.
                So, where did you read that ? Germania International ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                  So, where did you read that ? Germania International ?
                  In 20 years of digging I never found such an silver death head myself but one of my friends did and I often heard of that fact that SS Generals had silver insignias. So you are of the opinion that this is not the truth and never heard of that? I thought this knowledge is "state of the art".

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnarodden View Post
                    In 20 years of digging I never found such an silver death head myself but one of my friends did and I often heard of that fact that SS Generals had silver insignias. So you are of the opinion that this is not the truth and never heard of that? I thought this knowledge is "state of the art".
                    Not in 20 years of collecting, nor in a million years of collecting.
                    This is complete BS. Himmler himself wore the same skulls that everyone else did.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X