SS Ring - From 45th ID vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Ring - From 45th ID vet

I looked at a grouping of items yesterday from a 157/45 ID vet, and among them was an SS ring. The 95 yo widow remembers her husband showing her the ring when he came home, saying he took it from an SS trooper on a motorcycle. He had also taken a Mauser HSC rig and a watch. (Apparently from when he was approaching Dachau.

It was the one thing NOT for sale. She placed it in a shadow box, so it was difficult to get a focused image of it (so please forgive the very poor photos). It was also hung in a dark hallway. In addition to the SS runes, it says 1940.

Would love to hear thoughts on it.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

like you said,,bad photos and they can't be used for authentication.

. BUT.. I'm pretty sure it is one of the Netherlands occupation type rings. That SS pattern [ IF that truely what it is] is just about the rarest of those occupation rings.. Keep working on her, maybe one day,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
      like you said,,bad photos and they can't be used for authentication.

. BUT.. I'm pretty sure it is one of the Netherlands occupation type rings. That SS pattern [ IF that truely what it is] is just about the rarest of those occupation rings.. Keep working on her, maybe one day,,,
      Thanks. What would be a fair offer? Feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks!

TK

Comment

Yes it`s a ring pattern from the nederlands. Like always I can not post photos in this forum but look this..

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/third-...t+f%FCr+Europa

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnarodden View Post
          Yes it`s a ring pattern from the nederlands. Like always I can not post photos in this forum but look this..

Very helpful, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnarodden View Post

(Courtesy by Warrelics Forum)

This is by an engraved blank cartouche, while Kibler's appears with stamped runes.

Ric
            Attached Files

Comment

Never seen the engraved one- just the stamped. What’s the thought on the engraved vs the stamped? Is the engraving period or postwar?

Comment

Thank you Ric Ferrari for the photo.

Only a fairy tale (in germany you have to say this)..but Ring is a ground dug from eastern front battlefield.
                Inside the ring bears full engraved name of holder and "Den Haag 1942". Holder is listed in DRK-online-Suchbildliste as member of Gen.Kdo. V-SS Gebirgs Korps.

After a while his daughter could be found still alive. She was born 3 months after her father was KIA. She had the letters of DRK and Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge from the 1960th and 1980th with inscription of his id disc and further information. He came from a small village south of Frankfurt and in 1942 he was as Untersturmführer in the netherlands at one of the "Ersatz Kp. SS-Pol.Div." He was KIA in April 1945 while breaking through the russian lines in the heaviest battled village and after destroying 3 T34 himself with panzerfaust and while using wounded an MG42. He was found in the 1980th and was transferred to the near by german war cemetry..it was only 500 meters.
                Last edited by Kinnarodden; 12-17-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

there is no way to date the engraved ring. And, ground dug is not a provenance. It very well might be good.

The ring from the start of the topic is of course a good known pattern and produced [stamped/pressed] with the SS runes. Price/value? well you really need to get beter photos. These rings are multi pieced construction and have variations. I've seen the SS with 'Holland' on the back band and with 'Neatherland' on the back band. There are also different side band emblems so you really need more info/ photos of it..

Comment

WOW guys! Thank you so much!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X