Sahariana Tunic Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sahariana Tunic Question

I have seen these with shoulder straps but optional with and without collar tabs and cuff titles. Any reason for that?

Only shoulder straps and arm eagles should have been worn on these, but some units had them badged up to include collar patches etc. It was the same with camouflage tunics.

Needless to say, many of those which appear on dealer sites have insignia attached which was never there pre-'45. I once saw 3 'Skanderbeg' saharianas on one site at the same time, complete with arm shields etc. etc.

Von Pistor's photo has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Further to the above, Hans Schmidt's memoirs 'SS Panzergrenadier' make it patently clear that SS recruits in the 1944-45 period were expected to sew their own insignia on to their uniforms, so I suppose that could also have had a bearing on how badges were placed.

Comment

So what is a good price for one not so "dolled up" German make with unpleated pockets, good JFS buttons, and just the eagle and NCO straps. Collector's Guild has an Italian make for $575 with nothing. I would expect much more than that.

Comment

Standard saharianas over here (boards and eagle only) usually go for about £350..........so at the present exchange rate ........that's about $700.

Comment

Well I took the plunge and got this from JP. It didn't come to the full amount necessarilly, but only a little less. I know it was a far cry from the $700 or so these go for from the UK, but things inflate over here. Regardless, let me know what you think.

Dallas
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dallas; 03-18-2005, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Here is the eagle close up. The thread got pulled as it is now sold.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Martin. Nice site. I wonder if anyone else has gotten stuff from him.
                Prices are comparable but their terms are tight. 7 days on everything.

BTW: The stitching on the Sahariana posted seems to cut off the eagle's head. Has anyone else encountered that?
                Last edited by Dallas; 03-19-2005, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Keith has great items!! No problems with him.

Regards,

Rene

Comment

The insides

Here are some inside pics of the Sahariana.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another close up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And the last. Anyone interested in Sahariana shorts?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X