Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Slip-on

Hi all,

A friend came into a lot of items while on a trip and this slip on was in the mix. As I know very little about SS cloth he asked me to post it on the forum and get some opinions. Also what would be a fair value as neither of us has much interest in SS.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Greg

The inside.

Sorry it's "off centre" but it was the best we coiuld do with the equipment available.

Comment

Sorry Greg ,Its a copy.Steve

Comment

Greg,

Here is mine, which I believe is an original.

Regards,

Fred
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fldjr
          Greg,

Here is mine, which I believe is an original.

Regards,

Fred
          Nice! Cheers Steve

Comment

Greg,

Sorry the slip on is a fake.

cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Thank You!!!

Hi chaps,

Many thanks to those that replied to this thread. I appreciate all the comments and will pass the information along.

Cheers,
              Greg

Comment

Hello all,

Here are mine. Some members told me these are authentic, but a member said these are fake. So need more opinions please.

Thanks & regards,

Joseph
                Attached Files

Comment

The reverse view.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

When Joe put these on estand for sale I was suspicous and ask him to post the reverse of both pieces. I didn't believe the embroidery on the oberverse was as precise as it should be and after viewing the reverse sides it is my opinion these are a new gerneration of copies appearing. I have noticed several dealer/auction sites w/these sewn down on NCO boards.Many period photos can be seen w/ this being done but IMO its to prevent a closer examination of the cypher itself.I have compared his w/ 5 different types I have but one thing they have in common is an almost mirror image of the front side.Just my observations Cheers Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply. Any further comment about these cyphers?

Regards,

Joseph

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the cyphers posted by joseph, in fact they look slightly different from each other.

The fact that the backs look less precise has no bearing not long ago there was a thread about faulty insignia which illustrates that items were produced with major faults in them, although I would not class the pair of cyphers posted above as faulty.

Below are 2 100% originals as I know the total history of these, they are on the left the ones on the right are the backs of those posted above.

The new fake LSSAH cypher has polyester in the back threads a small burn test on the rear thread will confirm this although not a scientific test, this is why you will see them sewn down to straps to stop you from getting to the back threads, I will post the latest fake below this post
                        cheers,
                        Gary
                        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

this is the latest fake LSSAH cypher

Comment

and here in pink

Comment

here is another type again a fairly new type of fake

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X