Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not good news for those of us who can't/don't wish to become Association Members though .... those who for 14 and 1/2 years have shared our knowledge and collections and taken far less back.

I have NEVER deleted a single photograph that I have shared on here.

Ian.

Comment

Good! and about time too.
      We all take something from WAF,35.00 bucks a year is a small price to pay IMHO,nothing worse than doing a search,which I might add is encouraged by forum members ,only to find the thread your looking for and blanks where the pics should be

As I said just my opinion

Cheers to all

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post

Why mods are not taking care in the same way for political posts? NFL Diskussion and so on frequently, even mods posting such stuff.

Rules are only so strong as mods following the rules.
        Sounds like someone yearns to be a moderator.
        Back to the subject. Guess this will reduce the number of one time posters asking about granddads war stuff. Few will pay 35 bucks for a question. Why not open up the uploads for all as other forums done. Data is extremly cheap these days. Another thing 15 years ago, but not in 2017.

Comment

It would be nice (yet tedious) to purge the site of threads that have been rendered a waste of bandwidth by their photos having been removed.

If, on the other hand, the membership knew that there was a 'thread' where useless threads might be reported to the Mods and, upon reporting, someone could make the call to delete the thread, then the process of cleaning up the mess might get accomplished with some level of efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
            It would be nice (yet tedious) to purge the site of threads that have been rendered a waste of bandwidth by their photos having been removed.

If, on the other hand, the membership knew that there was a 'thread' where useless threads might be reported to the Mods and, upon reporting, someone could make the call to delete the thread, then the process of cleaning up the mess might get accomplished with some level of efficiency.

IMO most threads contains valuable information even with out some pictures.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
                IMO most threads contains valuable information even with out some pictures.
                A picture is worth a thousand words,didn't you know that?......

Comment

Christian J.

where rules are given are rules, not sure you get it clear.

And as above a photo is more then 100 words ...
                  Last edited by Robert H; 09-27-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
                    A picture is worth a thousand words,didn't you know that?......
                    Yes, of course. But the subject were the deletion of threads where the pictures have gone missing. Wouldn't you agree that the discussion could contain valuable info?

Comment

Examples of some useless threads:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=bandwidth

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...th#post7618653

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=bandwidth

Comment

I have to say that I welcome the change, even though up until the last year or so I too was mostly using outside hosting for image posting here on the WAF.

I have seen too many holes appear in what use to be great threads, so in that regard I am all for the change.

I will however echo the concern that others have had and do believe it may reduce the overall amount of images posted and would suggest that perhaps photo
                        posting privileges are unlocked not just for association members, but for those that hit a certain post count (500+) and contribute to the forum. I.E. long term
                        members like Ian Hulley who contribute greatly to this forum should be able to post images.

The ability to upload more images per individual post as well as larger files would also be welcome.

Comment

It is photobuckets greed that has caused all the problems. To go from a free service to wanting $399 US per year for picture hosting is absurd. They have destroyed thousands of forums.

However having said that I am for storing the photos on the WAF server. 10 pics per post would be nice.

Comment

Just to let you guys know that myself and the other moderators were in favor of opening the forums servers so everyone could post through the forum rather than using the hosting sites. Paid membership would be for people selling on the e-stand and those who wished to support the site. Unfortunately the owner did not agree.
                            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                                Not good news for those of us who can't/don't wish to become Association Members though .... those who for 14 and 1/2 years have shared our knowledge and collections and taken far less back.

I have NEVER deleted a single photograph that I have shared on here.

Ian.
                                The issue is not individual members deleting photos, but the photo hosters themselves going belly up or changing their rules which causes photos to disappear.
                                I do think its a shame that forum owner is using the "privilege" of posting pics as a bludgeon for paid memberships, can't think of any other forum that has such a coercive policy for such a basic function.
                                Last edited by eldenwaff; 09-27-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X