Eicke cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eicke cufftitle

Just saw this cufftitle on ebay. I suspect that it is fake and I was wondering what everyone else thinks about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...517307775&rd=1

Hi Derek,

It is indeed a fake. Remember that BeVo cufftitles never had any tags on them. The reverse is also completely wrong. Try a search on this forum and you will see enough examples of original BeVo bands to compare with.

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

Hi Derek, it is a 1970's made fake. Sometimes sold as bookmarks or souvenirs at Veterens reunions or so the story goes.... Also sold as real at the time by dodgy dealers. I bought a "Hohenstaufen" version for £40 back in 1977, which at the time was two weeks wages for me. The London based dealer who sold it me is still in business

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello
        Thanks for the info, I have been doing alot of research on this site and I am slowly learning. I imagine that it will be a good while before I feel confidant enough to purchase a cuff title. Also, I plan on staying away from ebay. thanks Derek

Comment

Wonder if the guy bidding $381 knows it's a fake? Generally no BEVO cuff comes with an RZM tag but the Eicke cuff may be the one excepton. There's a picture of one in Ulrich of England's cufftitle book with an RZM tag.
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Manalishi
            Wonder if the guy bidding $381 knows it's a fake? Generally no BEVO cuff comes with an RZM tag but the Eicke cuff may be the one excepton. There's a picture of one in Ulrich of England's cufftitle book with an RZM tag.
            Chris
            Someone just flushed $480 down the drain. And they are probably jumping with joy over the great buy they just made.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
            X