Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Basic question.

Hi
    Just want to know the branches COLOR on the "SS Panzergrenadiere" shoulderboards,are those GREEN ? or PINK? even white ?I'm confuseing very well,Gentlemen,please take a little time to teach me.

Thank you very much!!!

Its my opinion that white was the primary designated color chosen for these units. On rare occaision a soldier might have utilized the lime green boards but it would have been either under assumption by the supplier that the color was to be used according to Heer charts.Every officer tunic I have owned for the Der Fuhrer-Deutscland has been piped in white. Ive heard of tunics from these units being piped in other colors but my thought is it was because the officer was initially a Grenadier and was seconded to other specialties as the war progressed and losses mounted or was assigned to an attached specialty within the regiment. I am aware of one green piped officer tunic in a collection but have never had an oportunity to inspect it. Photos of LAH grenadiers attached to the 6th SS panzer armee in the Ardennes seem to indicate they also wore white as primary piping.

Comment

One has to keep in mind that some SS-Panzergrenadiere also wore pink piped shoulder boards. A surviving veteran of a 'schwere Kompanie' in Regiment "General Seyffardt" told me that the soldiers manning the few PAKs in their company wore these pink piped boards. So when you find a tunic with pink piped boards or even when you find a Schirmmütze with pink piping, then it does not always mean that the original owner served in a Panzer unit. The majority though wore white piped boards.

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

It would primarily be white for infantry and panzer grenadier, I also know of the tunic that John mentioned above and if my memory serves me right its a "DF" officers tunic and the shoulder straps are green piped,but encounters like this would be a rarity and not the norm.

cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Thank you very much for your GREAT INFORMATION!!!

All the Best

Comment

Anti-tank units did wear pink and also red, because they were Panzerjager and not Panzergrenadier.Although they may have been attached to a Grenadier regiment.

Comment

Hello John,

The men in the SS-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 54 for example, wore StuG wrappers with red piped boards and sometimes even red piped collar tabs (!). I have pictures showing this. The PAK crew members within the 4. and 8. Kompanie of "General Seyffardt" (and this counts for the 49. Regiment as well) were not from a seperate Panzerjäger unit, but most of them wore pink piped boards on their tunics. Of course, some members of the PAK crew wore white piped boards as well.

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
              X