X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im amazed

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post

Here’s high ranking offices examining what appears to be newly issued uniforms and probably asking opinions etc

The cap has a veil draped over the front with is seldom seen
      Also man has shoulder straps added to what appears to be the RARE BE 4 pocket tunic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This is SS-GJR 11 "Reinhard heydrich" of Nord.

The veils worn like this is very common in this unit.

The uniforms are not blurred edge drillich, but rather the experimental wool-printed uniforms, sent to the regiment on a trial basis in 1943. this photo is part of a large series of these uniforms, taken by Kriegsberichter Ittner.

Comment

G ,
        I would love to see more from this series !!!

Looking at this picture I looked for the split at the back and the elbow pads but could not make them out.

Its exciting news you have delivered here !!!!!

o

Comment

Pattern??

Am I mistaken, or does the guy in Post 309 and 317 also wearing matching pants? Referring to same guy that kammo man identified as wearing blurred edge?
          G- what experimental pattern are you referring to? Is there any reports or documentation that would help us better understand what happened to this pattern?
          Regards Frank

Comment

Cap and combi with pullover

Comment

This is better than any text book.Bravo Owen.Awesome collection too!

Comment

Is that general Dietel?

Originally posted by Graham G View Post
                This is SS-GJR 11 "Reinhard heydrich" of Nord.

The veils worn like this is very common in this unit.

The uniforms are not blurred edge drillich, but rather the experimental wool-printed uniforms, sent to the regiment on a trial basis in 1943. this photo is part of a large series of these uniforms, taken by Kriegsberichter Ittner.

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
                  Is that general Dietel?
                  Yes, it is.

Comment

Hello Graham - Is there a source to look up Ittner? I've checked the SS KB Archive, but didn't see him there. I recall only one other photo, specifically showing one of these two men (but certainly many other photos of Nord) in one of the albums.

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by paintbrush View Post
                      Hello Graham - Is there a source to look up Ittner? I've checked the SS KB Archive, but didn't see him there. I recall only one other photo, specifically showing one of these two men (but certainly many other photos of Nord) in one of the albums.

Thanks for the information.
                      KB archive isn't complete. The full set is in NARA- which is where the KB Archive is from. However, not everything from NARA is on the site. Ittner contact sheets can be gotten from NARA or ordered at digitalhistoryarchive.

Comment

Thank you, sir. I've not ventured fully into NARA yet, but is on my 'to-do' list. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                          This is better than any text book.Bravo Owen.Awesome collection too!
                          Thank you.
                          It was a lot of hard work to present correctly.
                          owen

Comment

Comment

Very nice hand screened !
                              They don’t come any better than this
                              Owen

Comment

Great looking camp cap!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X