Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS items,prices,potential buyers??

Hello Guys,

I just finished talking to my friend in Czech (I know warning signs go up, but hear me out). The state is selling off its property and the appartment he's been living in is one of these. He has the option either to buy the apt or move out. I guess you can say, the apt. have turned into condominiums over night. Anyway, he has been collecting german militaria over 30 years and has a very nice collection. I'll scan a bunch of pics of what I took when I was there later(I have to wait untill the wife get's home, I don't know how to use it...). He has the usual and then the very rare. Because he'll need the money for the appartment, he offered me first dibs on the stuff. Unfortunatelly, the rare stuff I can't afford even when he gives me a deal on it. Next, he's asking me for help to sell for him. He guarantees everything and if it is not as stated, HE WILL DO A FULL REFUND, probably minus shipping. He is going to take pics of everything and send me a CD...not a very fast process but cheaper for him, since they pay the internet by the minute.
    This is what I need of you, here are the SS items that may interest you. What he needs is how much can he get for the following items. Obviously, if he can sell it for more there or he doesn't get a good enough offer, he'll keep for another time.
    Items:
    -Dot 44 pants and jacket (size???)Very Good cond.
    -SS enlisted buckle and belt
    -1st Pattern SS Zelt Very good cond
    -SS zelt later war (not sure of what pattern)shape is average
    -Sniper Jacket (smock) Excellent cond but the sniper veil was cut out
    -1st Generation SS helmet cover (he described it as the early models where the pattern was rolled by hand using wood blocks.The cover does and did not have the loops for the scrim.) Mint cond
    -SS helm cover later period. Good cond

Again I like to mention that he will first offer pics for potential buyers. Please take a few minutes and put down what'd you think he should expect to get for these pieces. I know, that its hard to say with out pics and the cond, but put down what you'd THINK by what I describe....

Lubos

Lubos,
    what are the prices he is asking?, in otherwords what can he get for it over there, pictures are a must.
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

any cufftitles in his collection?
      "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Thank you all those that replied and that contacted me in my mail. To questions posted, no my friend has NO cufftitles .
        As far as the prices, my friend does have access to the intranet and is aware of prices out there, but those usually are somewhat inflated by the dealers.
        For example he is looking to get 100 000 crowns (about $5000 Canadian)for the Dot 44 uniform + pants. For the 1st generation SS zelt, he was offered 850 euros, but didn't sell as at the time it didn't seem as a good offer.
        As I don't have the pics now I can't show anything. As stated before, he would like to sell for a fair price, but what is a FAIR PRICE for these items if they are in good condition. I have a small list of people that I will contact as soon as I have the pictures, so thank you for those that showed interest.

Comment

What does he mean when he says first patter zeltbahn- does he mean a SS VT one or does he mean a early wartime fully handscreened one?

Yes pics a necessary....

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Lubos,
            Why not get him to join the forum?, and if he becomes an associated member he could sell his items in the e-stand.
            cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Hello Fritz and Gary,

First, when I said 1st generation Zelt, it was the early war fully hand screened one. Not the VT, which is just grey??right?I appologize for my ignorance as I'm not sure what the VT looked like.

Gary, why he can't join the forum....
              1st. My friend does not speak english
              2nd. Not very computer literate
              3rd. Internet is paid by the minute there (believe it or not, cell phone use is cheaper there then land line phone use)
              4th. His Pentium 2 or 3 is always down
              5th.He doesn't make it a business selling his personal collection, but now there is a need and....
              He owns an Army surplus store so he can expose his items to many tourists.I believe that he aquired most of his collection from people coming in and saying "Hey we have that camo jacket in the attict"
              Last, as selfish as it sounds, I like to know what he is selling first so that I can buy something. He is the only person that always gave me a deal or that would let go of an item because he knew I was getting for myself and not reselling it. I like to keep my source as hidden as much as possible . But, believe me, most of the high end items, I can't afford even if he gives it to me for half price, so there will be a some nice stuff there.
              Give me 3 or 4 weeks untill I get the CD with the pics so that I can show you. He would send the pics over the internet but because of the phone cost, he opted for the CD.

Comment

Hi,

SS VT ones are pre 1940, they have a special platane pattern (SS VT Platane) and they have anodized buttons, goldbrown buttons on the autumn side and green ones on the spring side.

If your friend has a wartime fully handscreened one then 850,- could be a good price for him. If this one is in good- very good shape then he might be able to get up to 1200 or even 1300 Euro to get more than that will be very, very dificult I think....

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

I know it wasn't posted but any collar tabs or documents? Had to ask.

Comment

I would put the SS Helmet Covers in the $4000-$6000 USD range if they are in nice condition (of course they would have to be original most offered forsale are not)

Matt

Originally posted by HunterSS
                    I know it wasn't posted but any collar tabs or documents? Had to ask.

Comment

Hello Hunter SS,

No he doesn't have any collar tabs for sale and I don't think he has any loose ones. Most SS marked stuff was burned by Czechs after the war. Items that remained were either with out insignia or where insignia was removed (due to shortage of cloth, many people wore german tunic minus insignia) SS camo was used for hunting/camping or just wearing around because it didn not have anything negative on it. The area where he lives is right on the demacriation line where thousands surrendered and tosed their equipment....
                      I can't wait to get the pics so that I could show them. I think that the SS zelt he has is the first ever produced (that is what he said)so it might be the VT one.
                      Damn I wish I had money, I'd buy this stuff and retire from collecting

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X