"KZ Boards" e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still a non believer.

Many colours on the pile of boards are not kz.

Comment

That's OK Kurt, I can accept that you don't think the piping is KZ.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Meyer View Post

Do you suppose it's conceivable that the shoulder board makers simply used whatever "brown" they had on hand at the time? I would certainly explain the variations attributed to this particular waffenfarbe.

Comment

No.

With waffenfarbe the colours cant be too diffrent just because the clothmaker didnt had the right colour.

Comment

I know. The reply was related to "a colour-mine field". These straps look like they are Hell-Lachsrosa - for rare Wehrgeologen-Einheiten.
            Attached Files

Comment

Several of these boards were taken directly off guards at Bergen-Belsen by a veteran of the 249 battery, Oxfordshire Yeomanry, 63rd Anti Tank Regiment, RA.

It is utterly ridiculous to think that only one perfect shade of brown would have been allowed?

We all know what was supposed to have been worn, ordered, sanctioned or whatever. The truth is, anything would have, could have and was worn and I seriously doubt that a KZ guard would have been dismissed from the Appellplatz during morning rollcall because his epaulette piping was too "coppery!"

Comment

Here are my SS KZ boards as anoter example. The second photo shows a comparison to Heer Bau, Heer Krad and SS AA. I find the SS colors a bit duller in hue than the Heer colors.
                Attached Files

Comment

THE color for ss kz.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                    Here are my SS KZ boards as anoter example. The second photo shows a comparison to Heer Bau, Heer Krad and SS AA. I find the SS colors a bit duller in hue than the Heer colors.
                    Maybe it's just me, but I can't tell the difference between the KZ and the Heer Bau piping on these boards. Which sort makes me think that the same shade of brown was being used simultaneously by both the WSS and the Army.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert999 View Post
                      Maybe it's just me, but I can't tell the difference between the KZ and the Heer Bau piping on these boards. Which sort makes me think that the same shade of brown was being used simultaneously by both the WSS and the Army.
                      I believe so. There was not that many shades of brown. The rayon is colorfast and does not fade so it it is easier to tell if the shade is bau brown or copper brown. The wool shades will fade making any difference less apparant over time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X