Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J. M. C. View Post
    Hi David,

Maybe when the Russians were putting the SS men on trains, to take them to camps, they told them "pile your suitcases over here and we will load them for you"....

LMFAO!!! That was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be checking all kerb side rubbish piles from now on....extraordinary find !

Comment

Originally posted by J. M. C. View Post
        Hi David,
        Maybe when the Russians were putting the SS men on trains, to take them to camps, they told them "pile your suitcases over here and we will load them for you"....

Comment

Dot Pants

Wow, I really love the reddish pair!!!
          I mostly think it was just a varying dye lot, mostly.
          I have heard people say though that the red is deliberate introduction into an existing camo pettern. Intended to be
          Used for late war city fighting amongst the red bricks and rubble. Any thoughts on this? What is the consensus with other SS camo collectors?

Comment

Originally posted by kubel44 View Post
            I have heard people say though that the red is deliberate introduction into an existing camo pettern. Intended to be
            Used for late war city fighting amongst the red bricks and rubble. Any thoughts on this? What is the consensus with other SS camo collectors?
            Nope. Its just dye lots. If you've ever used dyes, you'll instantly understand why SS camo varies so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kubel44 View Post

Originally posted by Graham G View Post
              Nope. Its just dye lots. If you've ever used dyes, you'll instantly understand why SS camo varies so much.
              Is that why pink smocks look so pink (or rather brick red?)...
              OK Owen you can jump on this one now!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                if anything its another nail in their coffin...but let's keep this a valid discussion on an incredible find, rather than another pointless mud slinging contest

Comment

the darker, reddish version always seems to appear on reverse print material & I was always under the (perhaps false) impression that was the reason for the color variation.....and you see a lot of this stuff from betr.ra

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Nick.
                    You simply don't understand Pink V real.

PINK is NOT wartime.

DoT has many variants that can once accessed can be identified.

Its a great pattern.
                    Large dots Small dots.
                    A side prints.
                    B side prints.
                    German linen , Italian cloth..............smooth rayon .....
                    It goes on and on.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying! Yes DOT (erbsentarn) can be on HBT, on smooth cotton, rayon, overprint on Italian Olona...colors and intensity of colors can vary! (and bleeding)
                      On earlier smocks (cotton duck) it is usually consistent materials...so the printing
                      quality is much more consistent (same canvas)!
                      I was just yanking your chain bro! (but its still being investigated in Belarus for us!)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X