SS Zeltbahn "5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palmenmuster View Post
    So what do you mean? Is this Zelt a repro? Why talk about reenactment stuff - here we have a beautiful original Zelt.
    Tom
    Jon is an ex ss reenactor and not an ss collector at all as far as I know.
    He's appeared on this forum quoting stuff about his old repro stuff which doesn't add anything to any of the camo threads.
    Again I agree a very nice zelt.

Comment

Dear Colleague PanzerFrank,
      I agree with you.
      but,,,, three holes on corners, accessories(aluminum/zinc/Italian buttons/wooden buttons etc), on zelts made in 43-45 years- feature of specific producers. I saw zelt made in 1938 having two holes on corners. I saw a release zelt 43 years with aluminum accessories. for me, the 43rd year, is the second half of war(late war).
      and in my understanding, zelts with zinc accessories/with "oak" coloring elements/and made since 1943- it is the second half of war(late war).
      I consider that zelt which has begun this thread, it is made in period of 1943-1944.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by I Claudius View Post
        Jon is an ex ss reenactor and not an ss collector at all as far as I know.
        He's appeared on this forum quoting stuff about his old repro stuff which doesn't add anything to any of the camo threads.
        Again I agree a very nice zelt.
        What I'm saying is that there are repros from about 10-15 years ago out there that are identical to this, without comparing the two I'm sitting on the fence. As I used to collect 3rd reich stuff in the late 80s and early 90s but stopped due to repro but now looking at collecting 3rd reich again after collecting British medals mainly WW1 casualties.
        I know some people who have palmed off repro as original and some reenactment kit will catch some out. Buyer beware as they say.
        Last edited by hebburn jon; 03-27-2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hebburn jon View Post
          What I'm saying is that there are repros from about 10-15 years ago out there that are identical to this, without comparing the two I'm sitting on the fence. As I used to collect 3rd reich stuff in the late 80s and early 90s but stopped due to repro but now looking at collecting 3rd reich again after collecting British medals mainly WW1 casualties.
          I know some people who have palmed off repro as original and some reenactment kit will catch some out. Buyer beware as they say.
          Please find me one of these " identical " repros. I've yet to see any...

Comment

Originally posted by hebburn jon View Post
            Jon- richard underwoods Hong Kong Harry knockoffs - and indeed most repros - look nothing like an original Zelt and they never have. They only look similar in the fact they're the same rough shape. A spaniel doesn't look identical to a retriever because they both have four legs and a head. Sorry chap but you really need to try comparing the two. Or any repro camo to an original for that matter.
            To start with RAU zelts are about 20cm too short. Then they are paper thin material wise. Then the print is nowhere near an original pattern. Then the colours are dire. Then the print repeat is completely wrong. Then the grommet and button spacing are wrong...
            Sorry but they are not identical in the slightest and saying so is just nonsense.
            Last edited by I Claudius; 03-27-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Claudius View Post
              Jon- richard underwoods Hong Kong Harry knockoffs - and indeed most repros - look nothing like an original Zelt and they never have. They only look similar in the fact they're the same rough shape. A spaniel doesn't look identical to a retriever because they both have four legs and a head. Sorry chap but you really need to try comparing the two. Or any repro camo to an original for that matter.
              To start with RAU zelts are about 20cm too short. Then they are paper thin material wise. Then the print is nowhere near an original pattern. Then the colours are dire. Then the print repeat is completely wrong. Then the grommet and button spacing are wrong...
              Sorry but they are not identical in the slightest and saying so is just nonsense.
              Sorry disagree not saying this Zelt in question is a repro what im saying is that i had a couple of zelts just like this of a heavy duty "duck" material not the usual thin ones that are common and that also came from China. I wished i still had these also a smock which a couple of dealers thou was really made of the same material.
              I wished i had them still to show you by what i mean. The quality was excellent.
              Like i said this was around 10-15 years ago if not a touch more.
              I agree with you that majority of the reenactment stuff is now where near but there are stuff out there thats spot on and can fool people.

I think its a case of agree to disagree on this one, as i know what ive seen and owned .
              Last edited by hebburn jon; 03-27-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help and input

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X