Clear All

Fake bevo skull

Wasnt this type deemed fake?

Its on this site:
    http://www.lux-military-antiques.com...-cap-skull.htm

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J120FN met Tapatalk

Yes, think that was the conclusion.

Comment

We still do not know if it is original to the period, or not.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I don't agree . . .
        If this was deemed as a fake then where are all the others ?
        Fakes are world wide . . . Has anyone ever seen another ?
        If my memory serves me well even Martin Styles had one for sale ?
        IMO this is a very rare and desirable item . . .
        Regards David

Comment

Hanners reich has one for examination but its a collar tab. But is theire evidence of them in wear in wartime pictures? I recall some member telling they were 1960's made on an other thread

Comment

Originally posted by PrinzEugenGJ View Post
            Hanners reich has one for examination but its a collar tab. But is theire evidence of them in wear in wartime pictures? I recall some member telling they were 1960's made on an other thread

My understanding this was a general purpose cloth skull badge which doubled up as a collar patch as well as cap insignia. I still believe this is a rare and desired item.
            As once again where are all the others how often do you see them ?
            Regards David

Comment

It could be 50/50 with these items. If theire real they are indeed very rare

Comment

I have manged to find the posts that examined this skull in dept . . .
                For those who have never encountered this item before

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Bevo+Skull

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=785175

Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                  My understanding this was a general purpose cloth skull badge which doubled up as a collar patch as well as cap insignia. I still believe this is a rare and desired item.
                  As once again where are all the others how often do you see them ?
                  Regards David
                  I agree, and maybe foreign made.

As for them showing up in the 60's like many other original items, it doesn't bother me at all.

No photos yet of them in wear but also no photos of ss paratrooper smocks and some other articles we know were produced pre 1945.

I like them and consider them period made.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael N View Post
                    No photos yet of them in wear but also no photos of ss paratrooper smocks and some other articles we know were produced pre 1945.
                    This is a very good point! This is a core question and should be the first to come up whenever an item with other interesting characteristics shows up (and often is doomed to be fake) – but where are all the others then!? Period pictures are not a 100% guarantee to determine actual existence because we know for sure many photos and archives were destroyed post 08.05.45 and we will never know what they actually documented.

Comment

If memory serves Many years ago at a small gun/militaria show ..A waffen SS Officers field cap with this style eagle..factory installed soutache...and an odd bevo eagle machine sewn to the side flap appeared for sale..for dirt cheap.I LAUGHED HEARTILY at the Odd Insignia...but REMEMBER marveling at the quality of the cap..construction and materials...PROBABLY RIGHT AND REAL..Billbert

Comment

I do not believe these are period, as I stated in the thread dedicated to these skulls. There is no way this was produced before 1945, and I am surprised (again) this is even being considered to be original.

If anyone wants one, there is one for sale on Gunbroker, where it has sat for almost a year for sale. If any of you want to buy one of these, I'll send you the link - it's 300.00 for a "original" skull and the rare "original" matching sidecap eagle, also discussed and considered original by some.

This is a total fantasy skull, IMO.

s/f Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Before anyone gets excited about the cap itself...
                          Attached Files

Comment

...and this is the rare "flatwire" version - so for all of you who lament passing on these and consider them rare, here's your chance!

I posted the availability of this skull and cap months ago in a discussion thread, and no one made a move on the cap. That should tell you something.

s/f Robert

Comment

Real or not... I haven't yet trown away my skull like this :-)

Kind regards,
                              Gerd V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X