Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officers M43 hat Good / Bad ???

Ok guys, I need some help.
    I was just sent this photo. Sorry, but it is the only photo I have at this time.
    It is from a collection were the owner passed away recently. The family is offering me this cap, however right now this photo is all I have to go by.
    Does anyone see anything that stands out as "bad", maybe something obvious that I do not see.
    I looked at this cap many years ago and thought it was good at the time but I do not remember details. (getting old). I am hoping to see it again in person, but it could be sold before I get a chance.

Thanks, dave
    Attached Files

Really hard to tell much. The trap looks real, but it could be reapplied by the looks of it. So anyone's guess really from that one photo. Tell them you really need better pictures of the entire cap in order to evaluate it and proceed further.

Comment

These are some photos that I took years ago when I saw the hat. Still not the best, but at least I was able to find them again.
      Attached Files

Comment

2/3
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking original trap, but appears to be hand applied which means it could have been sewn on at any time. No red flags on the cap yet, but I'd need to see more photos to make a call on it.

Most of these SS issue-wool type officers M43's are badged up army types, IMO. I'm more comfortable with gaberdine wool, doeskin, or foreign material SS officer M43's - these are just too easy to rebadge and many of them have fallen victim to collectors upgrades. Just my opinion, and pending more pictures the courts out on this one.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
            Nice looking original trap, but appears to be hand applied which means it could have been sewn on at any time. No red flags on the cap yet, but I'd need to see more photos to make a call on it.

Most of these SS issue-wool type officers M43's are badged up army types, IMO. I'm more comfortable with gaberdine wool, doeskin, or foreign material SS officer M43's - these are just too easy to rebadge and many of them have fallen victim to collectors upgrades. Just my opinion, and pending more pictures the courts out on this one.

s/f Robert
            Hello,
            Just a quick question: I thought that all the SS issue M43 (and side caps) caps MUST have a white piping instead a silver piping (which should be for WH/LW). Am I right ?
            Thanks

Comment

Waffen-SS sidecaps and M43's used both.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X