Estand ss insignias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estand ss insignias

Here we go again, some of the insignias are questionable, bullion rune tab and bullion sleeve eagle as start.
    The so called "early SS sleeve" eagle has been covered in past threads.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=895683

Seller notified.

//Felix
    Last edited by Felix; 01-18-2017, 04:27 PM.

rune tab looks bad to me

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay198666 View Post
      rune tab looks bad to me

Nothing wrong with any of that material. I'm sure you can explain your concerns .

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
        Nothing wrong with any of that material. I'm sure you can explain your concerns .

The bullion eagle and runic tab in the same shot look questionable to me
        Regards David

Comment

Lets start with these two items . . .
          Regards David
          Attached Files

Comment

The runes look to close and fat, embroidery looks sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay198666 View Post
              The runes look to close and fat, embroidery looks sloppy.

The problem I have with these items are that if you look closely at the pipping on the runic it appears to be one of those cheap 80's glittery types with dodgy buckram backing
              The eagle is a well known fake
              For me both have been purposely been aged with chemicals to give the appearance of being old and used
              Regards David

Comment

fake insignia

Hello,

Eagle is not a know fake.....it fact is the second style "walking out" eagle of the Grossdutschlamd division. It was also the walking out eagle of Sepp Detrick's 1st panzar division, and Himmler made him change its color from gold back to silver. Both division used that eagle for two years until the Himmler's edict forced both units to change the eagle to the 3rd RZM style. I'll be happy too to show you the eagle in non powdered form if you send me a message through eMail as I can't post pictures in here. You can also find the eagle on Derricks sleeve in gold on various period pictures.

The tab has the common piping ravaged by age and the butckram is typical for the early examples.

Comment

Hopefully better pix
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pic reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                        Attached Files

Comment

Vt
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse- was wet, color leached from other cloth.
                            Attached Files

Comment

One final point- Ive acquired all of these items via trade from Gaspare Bua, a man who's reputation, in my eyes, and the estimation any who know of him in the hobby, is well above reproach. As a moderator on another notable forum, my ethical standards are very high- (and my personal standards are even higher!) I am unwilling and unable to compromise those for any reason. Unlike a pair of despicable, combative, unrepentant and unashamed fraudsters I gladly helped unmask here a couple of weeks ago- I would never EVER knowingly peddle any fake or humped-up item as an authentic piece of militaria. My reputation and character here are more important to me than my entire collection of militaria. Gaspare's uncle sent these items back to the USA for his family during WW2, whatever they could sell, (mostly gold and silver items, weapons) they did- they were dirt poor. What didnt sell were "german silver" rings, cloth, etc. This is how Gaspare began his collection as a young man in the 1960s (most were "cheap" rings lol). These are items from that collection. I do trust Gaspare, as many of you do. He hasnt any reason to lie to me, he made no material gain from these pieces, outside of the trade. I, however, found that January brings more bills than expected, so the trade for me must end in cash for me (unfortunately)- otherwise these would again be under glass for another 50 years. Please, observe these pieces carefully before making any opinions, I seek only the truth of the matter. If you have a comment or concern that is dubious or unwarranted- please keep it to yourself. If you have pictures to post that either confirm or condemn the authenticity of these pieces, please post them not just for myself, but for the greater edification and knowledge of the collecting community. Thanks,
                              Mike/Byz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X