Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer's Sleeve Eagle

Hi guys,

what's your opinion about original this eagle ?

Size is 42-90
    Attached Files

Now that is an impressive bird, but for one area that I "personally" have issue with.

If you look carefully at the feet, you will see that they are grabbing the wreath.
    I believe on the "most collectable" of these birds, the feet set on the wreath. They do not grab it.
    Here is, IMO, the way the feet should be configured on the RZM version of the officer's sleeve eagle.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+Bullion+eagle

I have 11 examples of bullion SS sleeve and cap eagles in my collection, but I have not yet accepted the "grasping wreath" as being a variant I would buy on the RZM style.
    The rest of the eagle is stunning, especially the head, eye and beak.

Do I believe this is a OG bird? Absolutely....
    Would I pay top dollar for it?..........NO
    Last edited by 11C; 01-17-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you!

Still there will be opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
        Now that is an impressive bird, but for one area that I "personally" have issue with.

If you look carefully at the feet, you will see that they are grabbing the wreath.
        I believe on the "most collectable" of these birds, the feet set on the wreath. They do not grab it.
        Here is, IMO, the way the feet should be configured on the RZM version of the officer's sleeve eagle.
        Do I believe this is a OG bird? Absolutely....

Here is my one . . .
        It appears to have the same feet as the one that started this post
        I dont have a problem with it nor did those on this forum when I posted it
        Regards David
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
          Here is my one . . .
          It appears to have the same feet as the one that started this post
          I dont have a problem with it nor did those on this forum when I posted it
          Regards David
          Thanks David!

Good eagle!
          Yes, I have too eagles who have legs on a wreath and which hang down from a wreath.
          I think it depended on the producer. RZM differed in legs on a wreath

Colleagues, will be still opinions?

Comment

It's a matter of personal taste and my standard of collection. I prefer to collect only eagles with that trait. It began about 40 years ago when I was noticing the eagles that were on jackets that were captured from high ranking officials as opposed to those brought back from lesser ranks. The eagles with the feet "on" the wreath were more apparent on the higher ranks..............so it was probably( as noted) a personal choice of the tailor who had serviced the officer. As I said before. There is nothing wrong with the eagle, it is just not as desirable to me for personal reasons. I have also noted that the "dealer" prices seem to reflect this as well most of the time. That eagle is better than the "average" for many reasons, and if I was thinking of adding that variant to my collection, I would have no reason for concern. I like it a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
              It's a matter of personal taste and my standard of collection. I prefer to collect only eagles with that trait. It began about 40 years ago when I was noticing the eagles that were on jackets that were captured from high ranking officials as opposed to those brought back from lesser ranks. The eagles with the feet "on" the wreath were more apparent on the higher ranks..............so it was probably( as noted) a personal choice of the tailor who had serviced the officer. As I said before. There is nothing wrong with the eagle, it is just not as desirable to me for personal reasons. I have also noted that the "dealer" prices seem to reflect this as well most of the time. That eagle is better than the "average" for many reasons, and if I was thinking of adding that variant to my collection, I would have no reason for concern. I like it a lot!
              Once again all thanks for answers guys!
              The verdict is clear - a good, original eagle!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X