Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it funny that you guys are so reluctant to do this simple test and keep on talking about glows and brightness- this has nothing to do with that.

Regardless of what you say pre 1945 black SS tabs will not turn redish brown under UV and pre 1945 black thread will not turn red under UV. I have tested this time and time again. It's a simple challenge to the collectors out there. The dealers do not want a test against known good examples. That's why our collector community should test their own collections and come to your own conclusion.

Collectors please post your finding here.

Comment

Hi Hunter,
      Can you post a shot of your test? You had a tab that you were concerned with. Can you show that tab with a good one and a known fake?

I missed the pictures of the questionable tab that started all this.

Comment

Simple Test??

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
        I find it funny that you guys are so reluctant to do this simple test and keep on talking about glows and brightness- this has nothing to do with that.

Regardless of what you say pre 1945 black SS tabs will not turn redish brown under UV and pre 1945 black thread will not turn red under UV. I have tested this time and time again. It's a simple challenge to the collectors out there. The dealers do not want a test against known good examples. That's why our collector community should test their own collections and come to your own conclusion.

Collectors please post your finding here.
        I have a better idea. Why don't you do a study and prove out your theories using "controlled" scientific methods instead of asking others to do so for you. If you wish to make unfounded claims regarding UV and black threads/fabric, and you want to believe such claims, you are free to do so. I am a strong advocate of black light usage but limited only to white. Personally I would never accept findings regarding other colours, especially black, unless reasonable scientific evidence, using controlled methods, followed those findings. Your claim is way too important to do otherwise. Oh, and by the way, unwillingness to answer questions, berating and laughing at people who do, will not help your cause. If this task is beyond you, then perhaps someone else can take it on.

Comment

This is laughable do the test and see for yourselves.

P.S. Just look at all the crooked people denouncing a simple test you can do for yourself.

Moderator please check the IP address for JohnnyA.

Comment

Hi Hunter,
            Laughable? I didn't see my request as laughable.

Never mind. I was just trying to see what you were talking about and the tab in question.

I don't need a class or homework. I am comfortable with my tabs.

Good luck with your experiment.

Comment

Test

P.S. Just look at all the crooked people denouncing a simple test you can do for yourself.

Moderator please check the IP address for JohnnyA.
              I guess this means that you will not be submitting a protocol for review and approval.
              Good Luck.

Comment

Do the test, post your results here.

Comment

I will be happy to test my SS tabs this weekend if I have time. They have been packed up for a while and I miss them.

I don't think this is a 'dealer conspiracy', I just never heard of this from any of my SS collecting friends and colleagues.

I still believe that the tab that started this all was an SA rank tab and not and SS tab. When I was collecting SA tabs I found there was a much wider variety of materials used then with the SS tabs, but sadly several years ago I sold off my SA tabs, so I don't have any of those to compare or UV light.
                  http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Black Light Challenge

I tested the reproduction SS tabs that I currently have listed on the Bazaar Table against some original tabs that I have. Not a single tab, either original or reproduction, exhibited the characteristics that Alex is suggesting that they will.

Best regards,
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by William A. Bell View Post
                      I tested the reproduction SS tabs that I currently have listed on the Bazaar Table against some original tabs that I have. Not a single tab, either original or reproduction, exhibited the characteristics that Alex is suggesting that they will.

Best regards,
                      Bill
                      Gee what a surprise from the guy selling fakes

Comment

Black Light Challenge

Alex,

I performed the test that you suggested on both known reproductions and known original tabs. I did not get the results that you suggested I would. Now you don't like the results just because a tab that I sold to you, you do not like (and which I have cheerfully offered a full refund as per the stand rules)? Is your plan to disregard all results that do not agree with yours? There are some pretty stand up guys who have posted here that doubt your claims and yet you are very dismissive of them as well.

And just for the records, I sell reproductions as reproductions. I am not trying to pass reproductions off as anything but a reproduction. I post any questionable items on the forum for review and if I get even a negative response I sell the item on the Bazaar Table. So don't try and paint me as somebody who knowingly sells fakes as originals. You are giving an enema to a dead dog.

Finally, here are the PMs that you sent me regarding the tab in question, the one which I have offered a full refund for just as soon as it is returned. You don't like the tab as an original but you would be more than happy to own it if I cut the price by two thirds:

1-14-2017:
                        I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the tab glows (turns brown) under black light which means it is not real. I'll return it to you this week.

1-15-2017:
                        <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->If you have a black light check the one you have left - if it stays black we can make an exchange.

1-15-2017:
                        I may have to eat my words. Looks like may be the dye lot that's brownish- it passed the burn test so it good-sorry

1-15-2017:
                        I was scratching my head over it so I had Felix take a look - he said not one he would buy. I can either mail it back or keep it for the 25 bucks you were charging on the repo tabs. Let me know , thanks!

Best regards,
                        Bill

Comment

Or I'll keep it for 25 Bucks.
                          Hmmmm....

Comment

Hunter,
                            Bill is a standup guy that I have dealt with before. If you don't like the tab why don't you just return it instead of whatever you're trying to do here.

All it looks like all you're accomplishing by all this is irritation. It's even irritating you judging by your reaction to innocent posters that took the time to reply to this thread.

Comment

I agree. If you want to post some examples have at it. Just trying to get people riled up is not what the forum is about.
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by William A. Bell View Post
                                Alex,

I performed the test that you suggested on both known reproductions and known original tabs. I did not get the results that you suggested I would. Now you don't like the results just because a tab that I sold to you, you do not like (and which I have cheerfully offered a full refund as per the stand rules)? Is your plan to disregard all results that do not agree with yours? There are some pretty stand up guys who have posted here that doubt your claims and yet you are very dismissive of them as well.

And just for the records, I sell reproductions as reproductions. I am not trying to pass reproductions off as anything but a reproduction. I post any questionable items on the forum for review and if I get even a negative response I sell the item on the Bazaar Table. So don't try and paint me as somebody who knowingly sells fakes as originals. You are giving an enema to a dead dog.

Finally, here are the PMs that you sent me regarding the tab in question, the one which I have offered a full refund for just as soon as it is returned. You don't like the tab as an original but you would be more than happy to own it if I cut the price by two thirds:

1-14-2017:
                                I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the tab glows (turns brown) under black light which means it is not real. I'll return it to you this week.

1-15-2017:
                                <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->If you have a black light check the one you have left - if it stays black we can make an exchange.

1-15-2017:
                                I may have to eat my words. Looks like may be the dye lot that's brownish- it passed the burn test so it good-sorry

1-15-2017:
                                I was scratching my head over it so I had Felix take a look - he said not one he would buy. I can either mail it back or keep it for the 25 bucks you were charging on the repo tabs. Let me know , thanks!

Best regards,
                                Bill

But you sold this fake tab as real, and for the 25 bucks it wasn't worth my time to go to the post office to return it.

It is interesting that you failed to include my reply with the tracking number returning your fake tab.

You imply that that tab is real and I was trying to cheat you rather than being lazy and not wanting to go to the post office. Well you'll have it back soon and can pawn it on someone else.

It is odd how many fakes you have in your possession though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X