Comment

Very nice
      Cheers
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by twoodson412 View Post
        Is this one original?
        Yes 100% . . .
        I will even go as far to say also original to the material too . . . By the looks of it
        Regards David

Comment

I am sorry but I have been collecting cut insignia for a very long time. Please tell me how you can tell this is an original piece. SS cut sleeve eagles are very easily, and heavily, reproduced. Look at all the nap wear. I bet it is under the eagle as well.

Someone has reproduced cut FJ smock eagles on water pattern. The only way you can tell is that they are using wool eagles (as original smock eagles are rare) which they didn't use on original water pattern smocks. With original fabric it takes nothing to create the same style of stitching. You can 't tell......
          Last edited by Willi Z.; 01-11-2017, 08:55 AM.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

original "bevo" eagle & I agree its original to the material...

Comment

The only comment I will make is to observe that at 9 o'clock on the wreath it was distorted before it was sewn.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                I am sorry but I have been collecting cut insignia for a very long time. Please tell me how you can tell this is an original piece. SS cut sleeve eagles are very easily, and heavily, reproduced. Look at all the nap wear. I bet it is under the eagle as well.

Someone has reproduced cut FJ smock eagles on water pattern. The only way you can tell is that they are using wool eagles (as original smock eagles are rare) which they didn't use on original water pattern smocks. With original fabric it takes nothing to create the same style of stitching. You can 't tell......
                Hi Willi
                I know cutoffs can and do get made post war just to get a bigger price.
                But in the case of this one I still believe it to be genuine.
                Looking at the thread on my phone zooming in I can clearly see nap around the edges of the eagle that isn't as worn as the rest of the cloth.
                Cheers
                Dave.

Comment

I owned this one, its a good cut off. If you lift the snagged area the nap is fresh.

Comment

I also never ever saw a fake cut off using T stitch which is uncommon in it's own right. You can see the the nap remaining around the perimeter of the eagle. Unquestionable and superb piece of history in my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X