Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-eyed SS Officer sleeve eagle

Gents,
    I was hoping to get some opinions on this SS Officer sleeve eagle.
    To me it looks good but I don't recal seeing an original with cross-eyes like this one. Other than the eye being unusual, I tend to think it's period but other opinions would be welcomed.
    Attached Files

Additional pic..

I found this thread with some saying a similar cross-eyed eagle looked ok, but by the end of it the eagle was deemed a fake.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=cross+eyed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sonderkommando; 01-07-2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm...
      After cropping the two eagles together I see it is the EXACT same eagle that was originally on a tunic in the thread I linked to.....

I guess I've answered my own question, eagle is a fake it seems.....
      (although I do like the eagle apart from the eye)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sonderkommando; 01-07-2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

It also looks to small in size to be an original
        Regards David

Comment

No unterlagen is usually a very bad sign,

Chris

Comment

Yes a computer generated fake.

Comment

John, could you elaborate a little further please on your comment.
              Are you saying it was done by a machine that was programmed to stitch this pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                Yes a computer generated fake.
                And when they finished making it they said, "that's a knock out". Hence the eye

Chris

Comment

LOL

Seriously though, how did you come to the conclusion it has no unterlagen?

Also, if John is saying is was done by a computer programmed machine then I would expect the back to be a hell of a lot neater than what it is. Also, there are different types of bullion thread used in it's construction which would mean stopping/starting the machine. Also, how would a machine handle sewing with this type of bullion thread without tearing it to pieces?

And I guess the final question....where are all the others in this pattern if they're making them on an automated machine?

Always willing to learn something new, so rip into me if you want

Comment

It is not made on a machine, it is still made by the hand of the faker. The computer simply provides the sewing pattern to follow. Thus no need for the unterlagen.

Not a "knock out", but instead a "knock off" of an original

Chris

Comment

They copy it on a computer life size and then send the design to Pakistan and then they are mas produced without the unterlagen.

Comment

I don't own this eagle, but was curious as to it's originality.

Thank you all for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                          It also looks to small in size to be an original
                          Regards David
                          Could be any size, but the wings are too "short" and too low on the body and the feet lack the "legs" going up the leg feathers. The head is too low to the upper wing. The reverse of the flight wings should be stitched in the same running pattern as the observe without all the random "unfinished" bullion stitches. These little guys were well finished before the paper was ever put on. It's a pretty poor fake for several reasons IMO.
                          Last edited by 11C; 01-13-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X