RZM M1/52 Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM M1/52 Skull

Hi guys, just wanted to show you my first SS Skull. My collection has over 500 pieces and only 1 SS piece (because of price)

Yes I know, it's missing the prongs but I think it has a fair amount of character and the details on both sides make up for it!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm really sorry, but this one is not an original, but just an average, lower quality casting.

Chris

Comment

Hi, Chris thank you for the comment. The details on the reverse match known originals perfectly. How do you figure it is fake? Base metals or something?

Comment

Neither, the front or the reverse matches an original. The base metal is also incorrect for this variation, but the details and cast flaws are all that is really needed to see.
            I will post some better info shortly. Again, sorry to have to say this.

Chris

Comment

I bought in the basis of comparison using one from a well respected dealer.
              Attached Files

Comment

if you look at the first photos you posted you can see the casting imprint.

Also look at the letters and numbers from the top and bottom of you last post = look how clean the bottom are compared to the top.
                Last edited by dhunter93; 01-06-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Yes, I see the difference you point out, I thought it was from wear.

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
                  if you look at the first photos you posted you can see the casting imprint.

Also look at the letters and numbers from the top and bottom of you last post = look how clean the bottom are compared to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bologna View Post
                    Yes, I see the difference you point out, I thought it was from wear.

I'm sorry, nothing worse then getting ripped off

Comment

Well I just hope that other people who search the forum for "RZM M1/52 Skull" like I did find this thread because I did not see other reverses that came as close as this one.

Thank you for your help fellas, I really appreciate it. Looks like my collection still only has 1 SS piece.

Comment

Also, compare the thickness of the outer edges of each piece in that comparison photo of the back sides. Sorry for your bad luck, but wishing you better luck next time.
                        We are always available here to help anyone who might need it, so you could consider posting the next one here for opinions before you buy, just to be safe.

All the best,

Chris

Comment

Thank you chris and Dhunter. My good luck streak was bound to end, and it certainly did when I dipped my feet in the SS collecting world.

Till next time

Comment

I think it's correct (only that it has had a bad time in his unearthing)
                            only it Is very damaged
                            my 2 cents.

Comment

See the small mark on the number 1 right side up-middle.
                              2 cents more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X