Italian made SS M-43 opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian made SS M-43 opinion

Italian made cap with embroidered trap on Italian wool. I've had this one for years and thought maybe somebody here has some info on it. I've never seen a trap like this on course Italian wool. The SS stamp is obviously been added by some idiot.

George Peterson had it in his hands a few years ago and said "The cap is 100% ,but somebody added the fake SS BW stamp inside."

I was also told that the manufacturer is Brevon Pedova in Italy who made RSI and Heer caps as well.

Opinions welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Insignia is very poor.

Ian

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes with those wooden buttons, wool color etc...I also vote "Brevon-Pedova" Italy made. That SS (SS-BW?) embellishment stamp is indeed a shame!!

Comment

Good Brevon hat, can't comment on the insignia . Out of curiosity is the insignia actually machine sewn or hand sewn to simulate machine sewing. Does the hat have any appearance of the lining repaired or restitched ?

I remember when you had the hat on E stand a while back.
            Last edited by Dennis S; 01-05-2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

What "Brevon" ??

correct name is Berven-Padova

Comment

Not a Berven Padova made cap ...Making is not that "rich" with reinforcement for example !
                Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                  What "Brevon" ??

correct name is Berven-Padova
                  It was a correction typo by my iPad and I just shortened the name , most people would understand what I meant .

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                    Not a Berven Padova made cap ...Making is not that "rich" with reinforcement for example !
                    Nick
                    You may be correct about the quality as I have seen other late war italian wool with cardboard under visors but I have a herringbone twill lined RSI m44 cap and a a Heer one also so I quickly assumed it was also a "Berven-Padova " . They both have similar materials.

So could still be Italian made to more German specs or very well just German manufacture with Italian materials I assume. There were so many different types of m43 style hats made by the Italians both for German forces and even more so for German inspired italian RSI units and Italian SS that we have incomplete information for.
                    Last edited by Dennis S; 01-06-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                      You may be correct about the quality as I have seen other late war italian wool with cardboard under visors but I have a herringbone twill lined RSI m44 cap and a a Heer one also so I quickly assumed it was also a "Berven-Padova " . They both have similar materials.

So could still be Italian made to more German specs or very well just German manufacture with Italian materials I assume. There were so many different types of m43 style hats made by the Italians both for German forces and even more so for German inspired italian RSI units and Italian SS that we have incomplete information for.
                      I 100% agree!It's a shame that some idiot added the fake WSS stamp!I cannot understand whether the zig-zag stitching is a hastily done machine one or hand-made
                      to replicate a zig-zag factory stitching but I like what I see!
                      Cheers
                      M

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X