• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WowSomebody needs to be sacked!!!!

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
      The replacement of certain items by unscrupulous staff and then sold is also a rumour I have also heard...
      yes, and it is unfortunately currently happening in many museums, but also in most national archives...

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
        Hi,

yes, and it is unfortunately currently happening in many museums, but also in most national archives...

See You

Vince
        There is nothing new in this and the theft of documents from national archives is also sadly something fairly common especially in countries that never exhibited controls.

Incidents like these will only slow when those 'curators' or 'researchers' are formerly charged then given hefty sentences for plundering historical items.

Comment

That helmet in particular is simply horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
            That helmet in particular is simply horrid.
            Here it is!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by istra63 View Post
              Maybe the originals have been hocked off to
              furnish some curators purse?
              This does happen at other places I know of, so why would it not happen here.
              Disappointing to hear the downfall of the place as I was there in 2007 and thoroughly enjoyed it, many great items on display and interactive displays.

Comment

Thiefs in this Museum in England ? God Lord.... God save the Quinn, her crown and jewellery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                  Thiefs in this Museum in England ? God Lord.... God save the Quinn, her crown and jewellery.
                  When Quinn the eskimo gets here....

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Here it is!
                    AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh.

Comment

Honestly I don't know why some people are shocked - I was lucky enough to be invited to the "basement" in the late 70's

There underground .......is the rest of the iceberg. in other words only about 1/3 is visible. There were fakes on display then - and the real items kept under secure lock and key in temperature controlled rooms -

Yes 4/5th's of what is on display is fake - The real items never see the light of day - and never will

Comment

4/5ths on display is fake? Really? Thats kinda dampened my enthusiasm for my first trip there.

Comment

I visited the IWM last year. There's very little WW2 stuff there now—and it's crammed into one floor and poorly laid out. That said, the permanent holocaust exhibition is very well done and worth popping in just for that alone.

Comment

he real items never see the light of day - and never will

So what is the reason the Musem still exists ? If real items are closed God knows where.

Going to THIS kind of Musem to see ugly cheap fakes ? Musem for idiots or what ??

And thief is ALWAYS thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
                              4/5ths on display is fake? Really? Thats kinda dampened my enthusiasm for my first trip there.

The museum is amazing...
                              Don't let a couple of bad apples change your mind and not visit! I have been twice!
                              If you are into the "larger implements of war" there is a lot of things to see!
                              Here some web images!
                              Attached Files

Comment

I went to West Point's museum very recently and was underwhelmed - the place was very dated and the only good thing I saw was Gorings big ivory baton - admission is free at least - so looking at the horrid examples of Nazi German items they look like they came from Ulric of England - ghastly crap - I truly wonder if the Board and Mgt of the Imperial War Museum knows this or the real stuff has been put into storage below ???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X