Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/sess_3bc9b1b1ba656700de4b4de05d95ca6640a563762553598e, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Skull-Tab Question. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skull-Tab Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull-Tab Question.

Gent's,i own this officer-tabs and they are 100% good,but why are missing this set the silver piping around them ?I own two other skull tabs to compare,with the silver piping around.
    My favourite collecting-field are SS-Blades,so my knowledge is not the best!
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

With silver piping to compare.
    Attached Files

Comment

These are NCO - they should be without piping

Comment

I ever think Aluminium wire are officer!?
        Here is a pic .Piping is missing!
        Attached Files

Comment

Period Pictures do Show that a lot of low ranking soldiers wore bullion insignia. Here is one early pic of SS TV.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow,what a very nice pic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael73 View Post
              These are NCO - they should be without piping
              I agree with this assessment as being the most logical, although as your other photo shows even officers would use these without silver piping.

Great looking tabs!

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
                Period Pictures do Show that a lot of low ranking soldiers wore bullion insignia. Here is one early pic of SS TV.
                Wow. First time I think I've ever seen a Dietrich Eckart tab being worn.

Also, didn't officers remove the aluminum piping once in the field to keep it from reflecting sunlight?

Comment

In the field piping was often removed, tailors received the badges w/o the piping and NCO's as mentioned above.
                  Last edited by Robert H; 12-18-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Also, didn't officers remove the aluminum piping once in the field to keep it from reflecting sunlight?[/QUOTE]

I have heard too.

Comment

Many did so, much photo evidence show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert999 View Post
                        Wow. First time I think I've ever seen a Dietrich Eckart tab being worn.

Also, didn't officers remove the aluminum piping once in the field to keep it from reflecting sunlight?
                        The soldier served in the 5.Hundertschaft of the I.Totenkopfstandarte Oberbayern - Do not confuse the number of the Hundertschaft with the number of the Standarte.
                        If you are looking for pics of the 5.Totenkopfstandarte "Dietrich Eckart" you might like this one:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for helping fellows.
                          Next case,the "Braunschweig" Tabs.The one is NCO and the other is Officer,or i am wrong.
                          TX
                          Attached Files

Comment

You should sell some or all your badges to a Franconian fellow.

Officer got never blk/silver piping.
                            Officer w silver piping.

For me the one w/o piping is a spare one or piping was later removed somehow.

I can tell you from veteran groups many got spare badges in what ever variation also blank with no piping, and spare piping separate.

Best badges of 2016!

Comment

In the combat zone (where the smock was worn, collar denoting rank) piping was removed by officers so as to blend in with the enlisted men, thus removing the obvious to any snipers that often concealed themselves in close proximity until a leader was identified.
                              Otto Kumm, Heinz Harmel come to mind.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X