SS camo measure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS camo measure

Hi mates, i have lost some files in one of them i collected all measure of rolls.

i remember, for example DOT 46+- cm
    italian dot from Novara?
    Oak leaf 55 cm

do you have all measures i ve lost?
    Last edited by viva_giulio; 12-02-2016, 02:07 AM.

I've been going through this the past year designing our screens (for repros) and there isn't just one pattern length- it varies by the circumference of the rollers used by the printing company. I thought this might have been a magic bullet but it's not.

Most SS roller prints (on originals) I have checked were 50cm, (Palm, oak, blurred, dot) but I have Oak in 46 and 48. Apparently you had a 55 so we can add that to the list.

Marsh and Splinter zelts, parkas and smocks that I have checked come in 40, 42, 46, 48, 50, 55, and 60 so far. The pattern design remains the same in all cases- it simply shrinks or grows proportionately to the roller size. There was no correlation to the sizes and the year of production either.

The companies in China use almost exclusively 42cm or 64cm. The modern US firms have 18", 24" and 36".

Comment

Betr. ra. late 1944 / early 1945 reversed printed 47cm
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice setup

Comment

sorry, wrong measure for oak: all mines are 50 cm.
          here a B

i hope this thread will continue.
          Attached Files

Comment

for original dot I believe it ranges from 48 to 52 cm

Comment

Unfortunately i ve lost my file of previous cammo items i haf. Now i have just 3. Dot measures 47/48 depends colours and zone, used item probably htb suffered washing.
              When i measured it colours by colours i noted these differences and i would see my file gone with my old hard disk. Here i wrote all measures find in waf and calculate by me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X