No, they never wore that did they!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, they never wore that did they!

Whilst researching the Kleiderkasse organisation in Norway, I stumbled across this interesting image.

Vidkun Quisling inspects members of the SS-Freiwilligen-Legion Norwegen in front of the Royal Palace, Oslo, on the 17th of May 1944

https://s

1944 again, a short clip so you have to be very observant.

http://footage.framepool.com/en/shot...h-organization

Comment

They NEVER wore VISOR CAP metal insignia on M43s...ITS PLAIN TO SEE !!!
      Billbert

Comment

This is not the Frw Legion Norwegian but Politikompaniet (you can even see their banner in the first photo). Whats even more interesting is if you find footage that show them from the other side, there you can see that they are using Jäger (and Schijäger) oak leaves on the "wrong side" of their M/43 caps.

Comment

The most interesting thing.to me are uniforms. All early

Comment

Metal visor insignia on M43 caps is not common but also not out of the ordinary...Seeing it done universally at unit level is indeed neat!
            Often done as an upgrade (personal choice/individual) or due to shortages most likely...so a need to convert Heer caps into SS use caps...
            Seen often in the Baltics by foreign legion troops (Estonian and Latvian W-SS) using Metal skulls and eagles locally made,
            and Italian SS legion...(again locally made insignia)

This practice is usually the norm with Estonian / Latvian SD personnel...
            Here an office in Czech territory in 1945 (photo credit Piotr)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 11-19-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Interesting BenVK and NickG

By the way: Behind Quisling you can see adjutant Holst. I have never found out if this guy was SIPO (black insignia), STAPO (black insignia) or ORPO (dark green insignia):
              Attached Files

Comment

A few steps closer to the Palace police men (on both sides) and not Førergarden stood guard on this day when Quisling inspected `Politikompaniet`.

Adjutant Holst, Jonas Lie and Quisling:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                  They NEVER wore VISOR CAP metal insignia on M43s...ITS PLAIN TO SEE !!!
                  Billbert
                  I have seen plenty period portriats with metal insignia on m43's, quite a common practice. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X