Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual SS helmet insignis.

Hi guys....

Here's,a series of early SS pictures. They are of a wedding. What I find interesting is the early jawless Totenkopf device on the left side of the helmet.

If you look at the series of pictures that I will be posting, you can see that the Totenkopf device is three dimensional and not a decal.

These photos were not taken in Danzig. They are from the west of Germany.

I have never seen anything like this before and would appreciate any and all thoughts, comments and info.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy.

Tony
    Attached Files
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Very interested in seeing more of this discovery.

Comment

Close up view.
      Attached Files

Comment

As you can see in the blowup of the troopers in the last pic the totenkopf are three dimensional.
        You can easily see that when looking at the orientation of the helmets to the viewer.

Comment

These two following pics are of the bride and groom and another of the entourage.
          The collar tabs might yield further info.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like early metal ss visor skulls attached to the side of the helmet.
            Very interesting

Comment

Hello.

Are they your photos from an album or on the net?

It's strange how the shape of the totenkopf is a consistent shape from different angles and a consistent colour as though it is photo shopped. If you own the photo then maybe you can see better than I.

The Totenkop is to large to be a cap device stuck on.

Comment

Chrisha,

These photos were scanned from an SS photo album that I brokered several years ago. It was an early album and there was nothing later than 1935 in it. I wish I was able to purchase the album but they are not my collecting interest and it did not go for cheap.
                I did scan some pictures that were unusual and peeked my interest. They absolutely are not photoshopped and not off the net.

That's all I can add as I'm mainly a medal and edged weapon collector.

I thought they might be interesting to share and to be able to get more info on them. Unusual to say the least.

Comment

If you look at the second pic I posted. The troopers in the archway of the church entrance are the ones I enlarged to show the three dimensional appearance of the to totenkopf devices.

Comment

And no Party Shields on the black Stahlhelme of the men looking to the left.
                    Very interesting early photo indeed.

Comment

Thats exactly what I thought when seeing them
                      Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                      Hello.

Are they your photos from an album or on the net?

It's strange how the shape of the totenkopf is a consistent shape from different angles and a consistent colour as though it is photo shopped. If you own the photo then maybe you can see better than I.

The Totenkop is to large to be a cap device stuck on.

Comment

very early photos, note the white tab piping and cap insignias.
                        I assume it is might a local SS Group maybe kind of Stabswache and the Group made its own Parade Fashion for local events.

Comment

This picture was also in the group. Interesting cap and insignia.
                          Attached Files

Comment

It wouldn't be some sort of posy, in white, given that it is at a wedding?. It seems ludicrous to have such a large bulbous skull on the helmet
                            Last edited by Marflower; 09-20-2016, 11:11 AM. Reason: Meaning error to the sentence

Comment

Its photos like these that make you wonder how many artifacts have been fixed over the years by collectors just because some expert told them it was not right. The longer I collect the more it appears to me that at least in the early days the party and somewhat even the military regulations were very loose in regard to how or what could be worn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X