MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How your SS-insignia look at their best....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re

And for display I use this skully,but i,m waiting for one that has been on a cap in a better condition
    ( I hate to screw up minty ones )
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Dear John,

Thanks!!

I agree, I love these caps (with the 2 piece insigna)!

They are very very rare and expensive!

That is what I always found so strange. On period photo's the SS men always wear the M43 Caps with the 2 insigna. Only a few pics are known with the caps with the trapezoid insigna. What do you see on the market?? Indeed 99,9 % is with the trapezoid insigna.

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

Ps here is nice original one for sale!! (only the price)

http://www.militarycollectiblesinc.c...ory_Code=Ha-SS

Comment

You probably do not see many pics of troops wearing M43 caps with trapazoids because the Germans were not taking many pics that late in the war. Or being that they were produced late not many were issued or soldiers hung onto their caps with 2 piece insignia.

I have seen very few (maybe 3) pics of Army/Waffen SS soldiers wearing the M44 tunic and all were in POW camps. I have yet to see any pic of combat soldiers wearing this model of tunic in the field. (I am sure a few exist and would like to see them if anyone has any to show) And I see these tunics for sale all the time which are 100% original.

There is vast paranoia in the SS collecting field and I can understand why. I have seen some killer fake tunics/caps as of late and they would fool many.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X