Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about these?

Hi All,

What do you guys think about these? The cap is a bit salty with some mothing.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

Just another set of 475, 373's.

Best, Chris

Comment

Hi Bill ,from that scan there is not much to like.Insignia aside,I don't care for the piping.What's the interior look like? Cheers Steve

Comment

more pics

Hi Guys

I have many pics on my web site. Here is a link.
        <o =""></o>
        http://collectorsmilitaria.com/kzvisor.htm<o =""></o>

The cap looks very good to me. It’s a private purchase cap with very good wear and feel. Maybe the maker will shed some light on the subject.
        <o =""></o>

<o =""></o>Have a look,

Comment

Hi Bill, IMO this cap is 101% original (aside insigina as they are not my cap of tea). It is a Pekuro alright with black logo which in my book is more rare that the silver one. Workmanship inside is 101% according to Pekuro specifications, lining sweat band and makers logo are just perfect. In the ouside, again, this cap is superbly constarcted...the wool and velvet are just perfect. As for the piping in my opinion is ok as I have seen this type of piping in other original caps. Again in my opinion this is a killer cap.

P.S One can view a similar cap having the same type of piping in Gary Wilkins book page 86.
          Last edited by TONY Q.W.; 02-06-2005, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Visor

Last edited by brannow; 02-06-2005, 11:24 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Hi Tony,

Can you post scans of those pics? I know the history of this hat, going back about 23 years and it really talks to me. I also know there are many, many high end fakes.
              I appreciate all the comments so far and would like to here some more.

Comment

Interesting cap,

I think those insignias applied to this cap appeared first in the beginning of 80's, if my memory serves me correctly. Makes you wonder if that is the time frame that can be tracked backwards?. If the insiginia is applied back then, is the cap made the same time? ( I don't know ).

One more thing, looks like the leather band, could be ( again I'm not sure, hands on inspection would be needed), it could be artificially aged. I base my observation on that black smudge inside the leather band, which has also caused some smudges to to interior lining.

I was little picky and these my observations can be proven totally wrong when holding the cap in hand.

Can't be 100% sure, but let's say that it has a change for being an original. It looks quite nicely made.
                L

Comment

Originally posted by brannow
                  Hi Tony,

Can you post scans of those pics? I know the history of this hat, going back about 23 years and it really talks to me. I also know there are many, many high end fakes.
                  I appreciate all the comments so far and would like to here some more.
                  Hi Bill, no digital camera yet...

Comment

Did that hat come from one of the early max shows.....

Comment

hat

As far as I know it cam out of MN about 23 years ago.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X