Sanity check... this is DDR, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanity check... this is DDR, right?

I'm a post war camo and BRD collector, but I feel like I have a decent grasp of Third Reich uniforms. Not enough to prevent getting ripped off by a good fake, but sufficient to sniff out poor ones. However, this one has me questioning that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-AUTHENTI...3D322124829710

To me this looks like a seriously beat DDR tunic that has been significantly altered. yet there's very active bidding and the price is as of this post above $300. Which for a beat up and altered DDR jacket is ridiculous.

Am I missing something, or are the bidders?

Thanks!

Steve

Well the "Waffen SS" markings on the inside of the tunic are def. fantasy! It sure looks like a DDR tunic to me when I compare to other DDR tunics online.

Comment

Another one ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Original...3D231984938770

For me both of these tunic are nothing me than re-enactment quality
      Regards David
      Last edited by Stossgruppe3; 06-24-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

There is a few repro/fake items being sold for good money on eBay lately, question is who is buying these items ?some pieces are so obviously fake it makes you wonder.

Comment

The Pound just took a nose dive after the EU vote so you should be able to pick it up rather cheaply. How is the seller able to mention "SS" on eban and not get the listing pulled?

Comment

Thanks! I was 99.9% sure it is a super beat up DDR jacket with major alterations, but the idiotic bids made me wonder. I understand that before the Internet and before good reference books that a hoax as bad as this could part a fool and his money, but these days? Shocking.

Steve

Comment

1200 Plus for that ? wow.what a shame.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X