Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS sleeve eagle, opinions

Hi mates
    please what do you think about this eagle?
    Many Thanks
    Marco

[IMG][/IMG]

Original very late pattern, found by the big sheet at the Dachau SS-BW. Often found on stripped and rebadged tunics, possibly because they are the cheapest real sleeve eagles you can buy.

Ian.

Comment

I agree ....
      This is also the original that's been copied to death too
      Regards David

Comment

Thanks mates for your early replies.
        Please Ian, excuse my ignorance in this theme, but what do you mean about .. found by the big sheet at the Dachau SS-BW..

Comment

Originally posted by Zip3120 View Post
          Please Ian, excuse my ignorance in this theme, but what do you mean about .. found by the big sheet at the Dachau SS-BW..
          When Dachau Concentration Camp was liberated a large amount of SS insignia was found in the store sheds of the SS-Bekleidungswerke (SS-BW) or SS clothing factory. There were machines to embroider the insignia, much of it is referred to as 'Dachau' pieces and there were LOTS of foreign volunteer collar tabs and arm shields from the numerous countries whose volunteers fought in the Waffen-SS also generis SS insignia such as these arm eagles such as you have posted. Many were still in big sheets with hundreds (?) of eagles embroidered onto them waiting to be cut and sewn to uniforms.

Do a forum search for Dachau Insignia and you'll see what I mean.

BTW if you visit KL Dachau today the SS-BW was on your right as you walk along the path from the visitor's centre where you get your guide 'lollipop' to the main gate of the Protective Custody Camp.

Hope this helps, Ian.

Comment

Many Thanks Ian for your useful and interesting information.
            Ciao
            Marco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X