Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wich modell is this jacket

Hi,

I am asking for comments on the modell/type of jacket in the below pictures. The reason for the question is that it has 3 belt eylets on the reverse and no belt eylets on the front. The jacket has seen a lot of wear and has had several reperations. The whole collar has been replaced and in the same process the button holes has been adjsted. The jacket has name of manufactuerer and size stamps in the normal place, but I am not able to read them.

All comments about the modell is appreciated.

Regards
    Pål
    Attached Files

Reverse picture
    Attached Files

Comment

Internal, front
      Attached Files

Comment

Internal, reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Picture of cuff. You can notice the level of wear by comparing the aera around the button to the rest.
          Attached Files

Comment

Picture of manufacture/size stamos.
            Attached Files

Comment

This tunic is a M40 model .Made for Heer ,but also used by the SS ......

Comment

Pal,

are there no belt ramp support holes on the front?
                cheers,
                Gary

Comment

The collar looks like it has been changed at some point (to pointy). Here is what a M40 tunic collar should look like. At best an original Army M40 tunic which has had period or post war alterations done.

Glenn
                  Attached Files
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi,

There is no belt eylets at the front only at the reverse.

The whole collar has been changed at a time. At the same time some of the button holes has been amended as well.

I was woundering if this was an very early tunic with no visable top button and a hidden button beneth the collar for closing before the collar was changed. If you look closely on the reperations you will also see that there has been a cuff title on the jacket after the arm was repaired. The jacket has been used after the cuff title was removed as all the "wool" is worn off on this aera as well. Please note that I do not says it has all insignia appllied pre 45. When I received the jacket 10+ years ago it was also missing the edelweis. This aera did not have the same amount of wear so I have replaced it. The cuff title will not be replaced as I do not beleive the last user ever used one. Jackets found in Norway tend to be in a very bad/worn shape. Mint jackets is normally only found as officers walking out tunics. The jacket has all signs of beeing period but the modell does not look like a textbook issue. If it had belteylets on the front it would be a standard issue with repairs, but................

The suggestion is an M40 army modell, are they often found without belteylets in the front?

Rgds
                    Pål
                    Last edited by Bax; 02-05-2005, 03:41 PM.

Comment

looks no good IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X