Hohenstaufen Cuff Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hohenstaufen Cuff Titles

Last week I was very excited about a Hohenstaufen cuff title posted by Chris, colorodocowboy on the forum. I have a veteran brought back Hohenstaufen cuff title of the exact pattern. Many, on the forum, told him this was a fake. It is 100% original and is the hardest of all the three pattern Hohenstaufen cuff titles to find.

Attached is an old thread about these:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ufen+bob+hritz

I had asked Chris to mail me the title so I could do a careful comparison and photograph the patterns together, finally having an excellent condition example.

The variation is just a different model of Jacquard Automated Weaving Loom. The rayon cellulose thread is identical to the more commonly found Hohenstaufen cuff title. There is only a slight difference in the weave, but material is identical.

I have included photos of the three patterns as well as a comparison to a uniform worn and removed direct vet brought example.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comparison of well worn vet brought back title and Chris's excellent example.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files

Comment

I hope this discussion helps collectors be on the outlook for this variation. To date, I have only found one other posted, beside my worn example and Chris's excellent example.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Thanks for showing Bob

Comment

I forgot to attacxh a photo of the reverses of all variations.
          Attached Files

Comment

Bob, thanks for this important contribution. Even collecting areas as well known as bevo cufftitle weaves are not entirely known - I learned something here from you, again.

That's a neat variation you have there.

regards, Robert

Comment

Bob,

Thank you (and Chris), for the new info. I'll be honest; if I saw that cuff on a table at a show, I'd probably pass on it, thinking it was a fake.

Now, one question; Is the 9th SS- "Hohenstaufen" the only know cuff title that has this type of weave?

Matt
              Last edited by MP41; 05-27-2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Hi Bob, with respect we asked for better photos ... the ones Chris posted were virtually impossible to tell anything other than the obvious.

Ian

Comment

Bob,

you have good eyes - -congratulations on a great find. I had forgotten that old thread. Thanks for the comparisons shown.

Tom

Comment

Hi,

great work Bob !

See You

Vince

Comment

I recently got to talk to Bob on the phone. What a neat guy! Thanks Bob for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Bob,

Excellent analysis and good eyes for spotting this! You are truly an asset to the collecting community!

Comment

Bob, sorry which is the one declared fake? i see no one problem at first sight in each one of course

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                            Bob, sorry which is the one declared fake? i see no one problem at first sight in each one of course
                            The second cuff from the top, on the first photo.

Comment

Thanks for the comparison, Bob. Boy, if I saw the one at the bottom at a show, I'd pass. It looks like a Reddick repro.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X