Help with SS Panzer schiffchen maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with SS Panzer schiffchen maker

Hello! Was there a manufacturer of the EM SS Panzer schiffchen whose first name was Georg? The name of Georg in a white interior stamp on a black cotton interior is all that I can discern on this cap that I am considering purchasing. Any information ASAP would be most appreciated.

Jerry

Originally posted by Wilhelm Dippold
    Hello! Was there a manufacturer of the EM SS Panzer schiffchen whose first name was Georg? The name of Georg in a white interior stamp on a black cotton interior is all that I can discern on this cap that I am considering purchasing. Any information ASAP would be most appreciated.

Jerry
    Hi Jerry, Theres; Georg Teufel & Sohn, Tuttlingen. I've seen exampels of SS and Herr.

Comment

Jerry,

do you have a pricture of the stamp? or the cap?
      cheers,
      Gary

Comment

Picture of Cap and Stamp

Originally posted by Gary Wood
        Jerry,

do you have a pricture of the stamp? or the cap?
        cheers,
        Gary
        Gary,

Here is the cap and the stamp. (Yes, I know the latter is upside down. But you can just make out the name Georg on the second line.) Okay, it's a Manion's piece... I think there is some good stuff to be found there, hiding amidst the piles of junk. Only two years ago, I got a great Prussian Leibhusaren EM tunic and sword at Manion's. If this SS cap is bad I can always toss it back to them. Anyway, I've got a good skull and bird to replace the missing insignia. And at the price they are asking, I figure it's worth a shot. A friend of mine restored an HG EM cap in the same manner. Now it looks beautiful. This, too, might turn out to be a sleeper. Then again, this might just be a $5 fake. At least I am hopeful. In any case, God looks after babies and fools. Thanks for the help so far.

Jerry

Attached Files
        Last edited by Wilhelm Dippold; 02-08-2005, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Gary? Any opinion?

Comment

I don't know, man, but this stamp is

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42
              I don't know, man, but this stamp is
              In what way? Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm Dippold
                Gary? Any opinion?
                NO, sorry cannot tell anything from the pictures provide other that it looks like a size 56

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                  NO, sorry cannot tell anything from the pictures provide other that it looks like a size 56
                  Okay. When I have it in a few days I will post pictures in this thread. Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X