SS Collar Tab Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collar Tab Help

HI Everyone, I'm new to the board and already looking for some thoughts on this collar tab I picked up a while back. I've been reading over this board and I must say I'm very impressed at the knowledge and high end information surrounding this great passion of ours. OK on to the tab. Here is what I think it is but don't kill me if I'm wrong. It's a right side collar tab, that has 2 small puncture marks through the wool (you can see in the pics). Could it be a Standartenfuhrer tab that is missing the leaf? Any ideas on originality? I can tell you I picked it up from an older guy at a ......car parts flea market and it was sitting in a box of junk. Should it have remained in the pile of junk? You let me know, Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Kreager; 12-02-2006, 10:28 PM.

Were there any good car parts in the box?

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1
      Were there any good ...car parts in the box?
      Not good hey. Thanks for the reply?

Comment

It looks to be an odd shape for an SS tab but could be okay..may not neccesarily be SS though.

Comment

I know nothing about ss officer collar tabs, but would an SS officer tab have a metal rank insignia with 2 prongs? Because this definitely had 2 prongs going through the wool, they are evenly spaced like it would have been from a single insignia piece with 2 prongs.

Comment

This would not have been worn on the rank side...rather on the side where the runes would be..or a blank tab in the case of the SD..this could be some sort of Volkstrumm piece possibly if it did have rank pips.

Comment

Originally posted by John T
              this could be some sort of Volkstrumm piece possibly if it did have rank pips.
              That would be my guess as well
              cheers,
              gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X