No announcement yet.

Mint M43 tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot say the tunic is surely original from some photos,but I have seen M42 tunics with this lining in old collection........... but I can be wrong.

Comment

Based on the pics I think the tunic is a fine original.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

WOW Gerd. I hope this pans out for you. it certainly looks the part for details. definatly check out the buttons on the sleeves and first aid kit. I had the (dis) pleasure of owning an M43 SS EM's tunic once and although it looked good to me, later it proved to be . ofcourse I lost My ass on it and then sold off all My SS items (not that I had alot) and vowed never to get into them again. too many repro's. but I still like to check out the "real deals" and this one certainly looks good thus far. I'll we watching to see what others say and if possible definatly post/check those buttons out. that was the first thing in a series of then other small details that led to My tunics demise. but I hope this one is good. if so, what a find! good luck. Glenn

Comment

Nice tunic,find some nice infantry piped em boards and you will have a nice display.

Comment

Hi,

I find it very difficult to judge a tunic based on pictures, but it looks fine. As you write, jackets had only the eagle and the unit normally applied the rest. I would also asume that the rest of the insignia was applied after the war if the tunic has no wear. You should therefore pay accordingly. I think you need to have a handsone inspection just to make sure (and of course a good return policy). It is a M42 tunic (see pockets flaps) and I think they would normally have seen some use. Have the seller said it is unused? It might have seen wear even if it look mint in the pictures. Please take this as only an opinion and that it is based only one some not so good pictures.

Rgds
            PÃ¥l

Comment

A good one.

Hi

Gerd,

From what I can see, this tunic is good one. The lining is just what one would expect to see as well as the dark green HBT construction under the collar. While this has all the attributes of an M43 (use of HBT liner and later war italian wool), I have seen one other similar example with M42 style pockets - suggesting this one is OK. Things to review that are not in pictures are the cut of lining in the front - it should go right down to the bottom of the tunic (unlike army cut tunics). In addition, the cuff openings at the base of the sleeve should have a nice wedge shape to them (rectangle style openings are a sign of Janke post war tunic, but I am sure this is not the case here). Attached is a photo of a pocket from an M42 (not M43) with identical HBT lining in the cuff - note the wedge shape.

John
              Attached Files

Comment

re

M aybe a stupid qeustion,but is this an army or a real ss tunic???????

Just ask this because I don,t see it
                greetiings Johnny
                sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Good Question

Opps... I assumed the item has five buttons, but now that you mention it, it is not obvious from the picture... and the belt ramp holes are covered by the belt.

Just for the record, it should have five button front and four sets of "two hole" belt hook ramp supports.

Still the interior shots and lining are typical of an SS-BW tunic - I was too caught up in the microdetails to ask obvious questions. If it has a six button front, and three holes for belt ramps, everything is brought into question.

John

Comment

Unless my eye's are deceiving me... the tunic posted is a 5 button front.

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Looks like a 5 button to me too.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic
                        Looks like a 5 button to me too.

Yep,

The tunic has 2 holes and 5 buttons... I have a 2 week inspection period on this one....

regards,
                        Gerd
                        Last edited by willysproject; 01-31-2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John-M
                          Things to review that are not in pictures are the cut of lining in the front - it should go right down to the bottom of the tunic (unlike army cut tunics). In addition, the cuff openings at the base of the sleeve should have a nice wedge shape to them (rectangle style openings are a sign of Janke post war tunic, but I am sure this is not the case here). Attached is a photo of a pocket from an M42 (not M43) with identical HBT lining in the cuff - note the wedge shape.

John
                          I see no problems with the tunic in the photos above ,Just to pick up on what John has said above below is a picture of a janke jacket next to an original
                          Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Janke cuff openings

Comment

2 original cuff openings

Comment

Hi all,

thanks for all your help on this one... I've deceided not to buy this jacket... The price is 2400 euro... (Did a search on the seller's reputation on this forum... )

It's available here:

http://www.ww-collection.de

Thanks all!!!

Gerd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X