Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS sleeve eagle

Hi guys

Just thought about asking some opinions on this one.

Thanks a lot

Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

The eagle

A fine BeVo-example Giel...nothing wrong with this one!

Best regards,

Coco
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Comment

I agree, a fine original!

//Felix

Comment

A fine example ...
        Regards David

Comment

Comment

Giel you can bring it to Kassel if you will travell

Comment

Textbook

Jack

Comment

Thanks guys. The buyer wanted to return it to me since he told me it was a copy, so I started to doubt myself. Thanks for the opinions here
                Kind regards,
                Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                  Thanks guys. The buyer wanted to return it to me since he told me it was a copy, so I started to doubt myself. Thanks for the opinions here

What ?
                  Hes hasn't been to spec-savers has he
                  Regards David

Comment

Hello,

reasons for my doubts about the eagle:

i have some woven XX-eagles in beige colour and also some woven deathheads.
                    the structure and the material of the thread is totally different.
                    the beige coloured eagle and deathhead is woven in a cotton - or cotton/viscose mixture, by burning it it doesnt burn - it only glows and smells like burned paper - and the ash is white.
                    A clear argument for pure cotton or a cotton / viscose mixture.

The gray eagle is different - if i burned the gray thread it burnes like a fuse,
                    completely with no ashes left back. The smoke is black with grime.
                    Smelling is not possible because i dont want to burn the whole eagle :-)
                    and it burnes so fast that smelling was not possible.
                    what makes me unsure or to think that it is not original is the grime in the
                    smoke - if it burns like a fuse it is a reference for pure viscose - but viscose
                    burns always WITHOUT grime - but Polyester burns with grime.

unfortunately i dont have any threads left from the eagle-backside for
                    more testings.

as Giel wrote me that he opend this thread to get some other opinions - what
                    is absolutely correct and thanks to Giel and to all other ones for the answers and opinions - the result is that the eagle seems to be an original one - i make some more tests.

i cut off a little peace (2mm x10mm) of the black cloth where the eagle is woven on - from the beige and the grey eagle and make a burn test.
                    The materials burns and smells absolute in the same way - both are "glimming" and dont burn, smells like burned paper and the ashes is white - the smoke is also nearly white or gray - so it seems to bee pure cotton.

I also make some tests with the black thread which is woven in - and they burns both in the same way - pure cotton.

So my result is that only the (gray) eagle thread is total different from the material - you can also feel it in the fingers - the beige eagles is more "soft" - the grey eagle feels "hard" and nearly like "polyester" - but the cloth around and the black woven thread is identical.

So i have to say "sorry" to Giel that i thought the eagle is not an orginal one -
                    and i will keep it in my collection :-)

thanks for all comments

BR

Comment

don't compare bevo to wool eagles, the material is different, stop burning eagles and learn what a real one looks like instead It is like reinventing the wheel

Comment

Classis, perfect, textbook sleeve eagle. Nothing else needs saying.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                          Classis, perfect, textbook sleeve eagle. Nothing else needs saying.

Ian.
                          I agree. One I have for additional reference.

William Kramer
                          Attached Files
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hi guys

Just thought about asking some opinions on this one.

Thanks a lot

Giel
                            I like it too!

Comment

i think someone could change hobby... and not you.
                              Textbook eagle and bevo SS insignia needs really only a bit of study...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X