Unknown SS camo for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown SS camo for review

I was shown this smock recently and it had a camo pattern that I was not familiar with... "Poly spot" or something its called?
    It never became widely used since the dot '44 (Erbsentarn) camo tunics were introduced to replace such smocks all together...
    So it was issued in limited quantities and hardly documented since its the forerunner of Dot '44 camo...???
    Thoughts?
    Never seen it before so I thought I would share it with the experts (and its not in any of my books like this...)!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 04-06-2016, 02:34 PM.

Looks like plane tree but, the material is drill I think. Atleast that first photo it does you can see the lines real well.

Comment

Yeah it does but way more spots and not so much green....
      I guess just a planetree variant?

Comment

Looks like a combined pattern erbsentarn and plantanen

Comment

More erbsen (Dot) than anything else...which is why I find it so interesting...
          so a mix with plantanen tarn...This is different...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 04-06-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

The pattern that started this thread is Polyspot which is a variant of the Plane Tree pattern
            It was produced in 1941 so it is not "the forerunner of Dot '44 camo"
            Beaver said that it was likely the last fully hand-screened pattern

Comment

Ss

Great find. Very kool!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                More erbsen (Dot) than anything else...which is why I find it so interesting...
                so a mix with plantanen tarn...This is different...
                black and white picture is Lateral (SS- VT 1938-1940) variant of Plane tree pattern

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson-Alex View Post
                  Looks like plane tree but, the material is drill I think. Atleast that first photo it does you can see the lines real well.
                  Lines are all over the picturs, so IMO its a pictur from a computerscreen

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
                    Lines are all over the picturs, so IMO its a pictur from a computerscreen
                    Yes computer screen image, ...here's the entire (real) image!

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
                    The pattern that started this thread is Polyspot which is a variant of the Plane Tree pattern
                    It was produced in 1941 so it is not "the forerunner of Dot '44 camo"
                    Beaver said that it was likely the last fully hand-screened pattern
                    Cool! So it predates Erbsentarn by a lot...I assumed it was later...and a forerunner of erbsentarn.
                    The owner said it was this special and rare camo...."Polyspot"...Worth showing!
                    Rarer than Palmenmuster?
                    Here's the entire impression
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 04-06-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Looks promising but I would personally like to see some better pictures.
                      Tom

Comment

Yes it looks very promising and yes it is a lot rarer then Palm Tree

Comment

That very jacket was in my house 2 years ago
                          It's a pretty one for sure

Comment

viewing

That is one strange set of angles to show a smock pattern ? is it a first or second model smock ?

Comment

M-42

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X