• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    Nick, but it's still a fantasy piece.
    I know you like exotic stuff ;-)
    yeah I know...grasping at straws...

What about this as an exotic unit cuff title?
    A4 raketen Versuchsverband "WestpreuBen" (=V2 rocket testing unit "WestpreuBen")
    (SS controlled of course and relocated there at this SS-Ubungsplatz "West Prussia", after Peenemunde got bombed and Heidelager evacuated )
    It is all true but I am just Kidding of course!!!
    Last edited by NickG; 04-04-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I know my friend.
      Also there are quite view cufftitles that are not anywhere published.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
        I know my friend.
        Also there are quite view cufftitles that are not anywhere published.
        Yes Robert H
        A prime example being Obgf Wilhelm Koppe wearing a "Warthe" cuff.
        Fuhrer of Oberabschnitt Warthe

Comment

Nick you finde all
          And you are the only member who answeard my real question in this tread
          Thank you for your help

some more information about this "Truppenübungsplatz Westpreussen" but unfortunatly in German:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-Tru...stpreu%C3%9Fen

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...stpreussen.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
            Nick you finde all
            With respect everyone who answered your thread contributed. You risk alienating everyone else by picking one person and the rest will ignore you in future. BAD move.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
              Nick you find all
              Thank you for your help

some more information about this "Truppenübungsplatz Westpreussen" but unfortunatly in German:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...stpreussen.htm
              Interesting that on this link they state:
              Dieser SS Truppenübungsplatz wird des öfteren unter der Bezeichnung "SS-TrÜbPl. Konitz” erwähnt, obwohl die offizielle Bezeichnung “Westpreußen” war.

This SS military training facility is often mentioned under the name of "SS-TrUbPl. Konitz" , even though the official name was "West Prussia"
              (with an unofficial cuff title?) Who knows?
              Could be wishful thinking but an interesting coincidence...The faker did his homework...

A "Seelager" cuff title surfaced on Warrelics a while ago...which is another truppenubungsplatz...but it turned out to be fake....
              Did some digging! See link!

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...-title-299341/

and per this list the WestPreussen one most likely originates from the same dealer (and fake)...Lots of made up titles!
              Even "Ratsch Bum"! He has a sense of humor!

HPL2008 posted this on Warrelics,...a 1975-dated dealer's price list ....Sorry!

Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 04-04-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Wasn't it KEN LANE , who used up original band material ( like shown above in " Westpreussen " ) some 50 years ago to add fake embroidery ?
                Also for some exotic / fantasy titles on demand , IMO this could well be one of those . Note the unsteady letters and e.g. the shape of the " S " ..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                  With respect everyone who answered your thread contributed. You risk alienating everyone else by picking one person and the rest will ignore you in future. BAD move.
                  I dont ignor them, but unfortunatly it was not the answear to my question.
                  And as we see nick find the proof for that, the pricelist from the guy who made this cufftitles and now we know it is a fantasie pice.

Thank you for all who take place in this discussion

Comment

Nick , thanks for sharing that fake / fantasy list .. !
                    Mr. Hritz mentioned before that there was even a Ken Lane CT " Dummkopf " made .
                    All this kind of information should be kept , saved & continued this way through this Forum and the others .

Knowledge from the Elders ..

There is now a new generation of ignorants , who never took the time to learn , or study & buy real artifacts .
                    They will however , always cloak their place of origin as " Europe " ..
                    Last edited by Winkelman; 04-05-2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                      Wasn't it KEN LANE , who used up original band material some 50 years ago to add fake embroidery ? ..
                      And what about the Dutch dealer Frank van Gelder and others, who bought rols of original band from manufacturers in Wuppertal and had them embroidered.
                      In the early 1970's I have seen so many variation names at his table/shows in the Netherlands, which occasionally these days are identified as originals. If I
                      remember well they sold them for 10,-/15,- Dutch guilders then!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                        And what about the Dutch dealer Frank van Gelder and others, who bought rols of original band from manufacturers in Wuppertal and had them embroidered.
                        In the early 1970's I have seen so many variation names at tables/shows in the Netherlands, which occasionally these days are identified as originals. If I
                        remember well they sold them for 10,-/15,- Dutch guilders then!
                        Hallo Wilhelm ,

pleased to meet you , hope you guessed my name ..

Now we are getting into a very interesting subject , and I hope it will be useful to share the info .

Frank did order some really NASTY insignia , that are still being sold up to today as originals :

The infamous large FAKE bullion NSB sleeve insignia , and the Dutch SS silver BULLION sleeve wolfsangel ..

I know that this CT " Lijfwacht v.d. Leider " is a REPRO from the same period .
                        But it was not ordered by Frank .
                        It was ordered by Jan Winters at the time .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Winkelman; 04-05-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                          Hallo Wilhelm, pleased to meet you , hope you guessed my name ..
                          Now we are getting into a very interesting subject , and I hope it will be useful to share the info . Frank did order some really NASTY insignia , that are still being sold up to today as originals : The large NSB sleeve insignia , and the Dutch SS wolfsangel ..
                          Sorry, no I do not guess the name behind "Winkelman".
                          Not all of the materials made (collar- and arm patches or whatever) by Frank and his colleagues was nasty and for a layman they looked okay in many ways. I must omit I did buy also a few in those days. But I soon sold them!
                          Some big dealers still do!! It is a pity I did not safe photographs of the stuff I got in those years, just total view photos I have (which I cannot show here at this forum).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X