Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays date fits this tunic...

Edit: nvm, its your choice...
    Last edited by Daniel.S; 04-01-2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
      Todays date fits this tunic...

Edit: nvm, its your choice...
      Nu var du elak!

Comment

Translation in English: "It's now you that is malicious"
        Thanks Ludwig. DanielS is being his typical self again, (attack dog attitude)
        Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.

Comment

Most important is that you are happy, Nick!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            Translation in English: "It's now you that is malicious"
            Thanks Ludwig. DanielS is being his typical self again, (attack dog attitude)
            Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.
            He actually wrote "now you are being mean" in Swedish :-)

Hey Nick, its your stuff and you can ofcourse do what you want with it.

I just think its stupid to put SS insignia on a tunic where there were no traces of it before.

But at least you are being honest with your "creations".

Take care Nick , woof woof

Comment

Yeah I share because it's fun and educational...like The FuhrerAnwarter (FA) rank study topic.
              (officer candidate "Junker" status)
              Some don't dare to post because when they post, their piece gets destroyed or they don't want to admit it's been rebuilt...I am open and honest indeed calling it "impressions"...museums are full of these...
              and it's a risk free approach and much easier on the wallet too!
              (Uniform had no clear signs of any branch btw...even though it was totally stripped when I got it ...
              and has anomalies which fit the W-SS theme best in my view...others who've seen it in person agree.)
              Honestly buying from Weitze.Huyskens.Lukas.Winker et al.... in the hope that it's an untouched original at an untouched price (with COA) can be very risky...as we all know...
              I prefer the sum of parts approach, which fits my budget better! Yes it involves guess work but I can sleep at night without worrying about paying a fortune for something that was created by somebody else...

And at least it does not look anything like this... Mine is a nice circa 1943 date 5 button pattern privately tailored and fully lined combat grade tunic with wide collar and no Heer breast eagle ever sewn through the chest lining...
              and that's good enough for me to be comfortable with this W-SS restoration.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 04-01-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

After studying more pictures I thought I would continue the SS candidate (foreign volunteer) "Junker" theme,
                which my impression is based on.

First a cool image of a mixed group of Baltic volunteers (Latvian and Estonian)
                wearing their nationality shields, to include the rare 3 lion pattern Estland shield, as it appears on my officer candidate impression.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 04-03-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Probably one of the most photographed foreign volunteers that obtained officer candidate "Fuhrer Anwarter" status of course is RK trager Gerardus Mooyman.
                  Note NCO boards worn with an officers belt. These FA's were also entitled officers cap cords on their visor caps, as an indication of their status. Mooyman instead wears a side cap with officer piping (and a shortened M44 Dot uniform).

The next image is another Highly decorated soldier. Note again an officers pattern belt as an indicator of his FA status.
                  Such high awards often propelled these men to officer career track and a junkerschule course, where such ranks were worn
                  (more often than in the field).
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 04-03-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Another Dutchman Knights cross holder was Derko Elsko Bruins who is listed as a an SS-Oberscharführer. (final obtained rank)
                    Note the piping on the collar tabs and officers pattern belt. Could just be a preference thing, as Knights Cross holders could do whatever they wanted, thanks to their hero status (or was he also an officer candidate I wonder?)

Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 04-03-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Now another foreign volunteer who became a FuhrerAnwarter (FA).

I apologize for not being able to give credit to the owner of this unique image, but if I remember correctly this Swedish volunteer
                      went on leave in Sweden (entering the country as a civilian no doubt) and while on leave wore a full Waffen SS uniform,
                      which IMO he obtained locally, = Swedish tailored! (picture taken in a Swedish photo studio while on leave).
                      He got in trouble with the authorities (as Sweden was a Neutral country)...

Note the FA insignia, officers pattern cap & belt, all indicators of his unique officer candidate status.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 04-03-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

This uniform I believe was tailored locally in Sweden in Swedish officers gabardine.
                        Some possible indicators of this:
                        The shoulderstraps appear to have been made in the same material as the uniform...
                        and the collar lapel has a button hole which is not a common feature on German tailored uniforms!

Compare with a standard Swedish officers uniform at bottom...similar collar shape, lapel button hole...
                        and wider than normal pocket pleats, buttons/holes placed close to the edge...etc...
                        ALL to me indicators of foreign tailoring.
                        (pockets and flaps are of course more German in style, but wider than normal pleats, compare!)

Compare with the below bonestock Swedish officer tunic! Similar traits!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 04-03-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

An amazing officer candidate uniform!
                          (which also lacks French cuffs, which Swedish officers uniforms don't have either, another indicator)

He probably went to Sweden on leave as a civilian, brought a cap+belt and full insignia , pips buttons etc... in his suitcase,
                          and had this all added to a locally obtained, Swedish tailored uniform.
                          (note how the button holes perfectly line up with the Swedish uniform example...the flaps were modified!)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 04-03-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X