Ravensbrück SS M42 Tunic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Would like to have some more opinions, i bought this one several years ago from Peter von Lukacs (Militaria stockholm).

Before selling it has to be period ofcourse.

Regards,
    Ron

Comment

Ron do you have other pics?

Comment

Bad piece in my opinion..would not want to own it. I don't like the lining, I dont like the wool... the stitching of the piece, the button hole stitching, the belt ramp holes or the single stitch remaining between, tunic looks worn enough for stampings to be faded, but this stitch remains. Typically seen intact on mint pieces, at least broken on worn ones..I don't like the interior buttons used, and this is just from pictures, handling will undoubtedly reveal other defects. Wear looks contrived. Look at wear on interior of sleeve where eagle is vs. exterior. Interior looks new, exterior worn. On a piece that really was worn, interior of jacket will also exhibit noticeable wear, esp staining if truly worn to this extent. Cloth inside looks too fresh. Underneath of collar and many other areas of the jacket, inside and out, confirm IMO this is not a production piece, its a one off. No way is this a one looker good tunic, actually the opposite, and I'm being kind.
        Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 03-31-2016, 01:08 AM.

Comment

fake tunic

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the comments, will contact Peter about this.

Regards,
            Ron

Comment

I think before call Peter is necessary to make good pics. I read about lining and details i can't see from mobile.
              It is really mint inside?
              It really has a wrong lining?
              Could you measure collar ?
              Could we have close up clear of details like button hole sewing?

Here i see 2 owners and nobody makes decent pics... I hope on pvl at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                Bad piece in my opinion..would not want to own it. I don't like the lining, I dont like the wool... the stitching of the piece, the button hole stitching, the belt ramp holes or the single stitch remaining between, tunic looks worn enough for stampings to be faded, but this stitch remains. Typically seen intact on mint pieces, at least broken on worn ones..I don't like the interior buttons used, and this is just from pictures, handling will undoubtedly reveal other defects. Wear looks contrived. Look at wear on interior of sleeve where eagle is vs. exterior. Interior looks new, exterior worn. On a piece that really was worn, interior of jacket will also exhibit noticeable wear, esp staining if truly worn to this extent. Cloth inside looks too fresh. Underneath of collar and many other areas of the jacket, inside and out, confirm IMO this is not a production piece, its a one off. No way is this a one looker good tunic, actually the opposite, and I'm being kind.
                Thanks for the detailed observations! I agree the single stitch hanging there seems kind of odd, the button hole stitching and interior buttons I was thinking might have been unique to a betr.ra tunic. Allow me to confirm also that I don't own this tunic.
                Last edited by cavguy; 03-31-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

More pictures from the tunic.

Reg,
                  Ron

Comment

Comment

More not to like and more eVidence of artificial aging IMO from pics.

Comment

yes, this pics... again not clear in the key points (like collar and lines of sewing) showing some problems.

i do not speak about different patina-aging cause in hands could change.
                        I do not like the button hole sewing, moreover the front.
                        I do not like how the collar is made with V sewing irregular and i think there are a lot of horizontal lines... and this is not proper of mass produced tunics. moreover betr.ra.
                        i do not like also position of pockets and lack of sewing
                        i do not like some machine sewing which seems very modern with stressed lining and too much \ segments

finally i have back my connection at home and my pc do not buy sitecom routers.
                        70 eur wlm-4600 model has less perfomance of an holder D-link and cost double... moreover after one here it gone... 70 eur gone in wc

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                          yes, this pics... again not clear in the key points (like collar and lines of sewing) showing some problems.

i do not speak about different patina-aging cause in hands could change.
                          I do not like the button hole sewing, moreover the front.
                          I do not like how the collar is made with V sewing irregular and i think there are a lot of horizontal lines... and this is not proper of mass produced tunics. moreover betr.ra.
                          i do not like also position of pockets and lack of sewing
                          i do not like some machine sewing which seems very modern with stressed lining and too much \ segments

finally i have back my connection at home and my pc do not buy sitecom routers.
                          70 eur wlm-4600 model has less perfomance of an holder D-link and cost double... moreover after one here it gone... 70 eur gone in wc
                          Very good observation..and I agree.

Comment

Going from the pictures only, these are consistent with a well known Belgian fraud that sells rare tunics on ebay from time to time....

I have been tempted to buy some of his tunics many times, but they turn out to be real good fakes.
                            Of course this is just my observation.

Comment

Originally posted by skippp View Post
                              Going from the pictures only, these are consistent with a well known Belgian fraud that sells rare tunics on ebay from time to time....

I have been tempted to buy some of his tunics many times, but they turn out to be real good fakes.
                              Of course this is just my observation.
                              Any pics available of these fakes by chance?

Comment

Hi Skipp,

As stated before i bought this one from P.v.L around 2007/09 in the SS Frenzy days. Did had an customize SS Bevo collar tab and rank tab back then. Back then & now M42 are hard to find, never thought this could be an fake at it has many good details and good sleeve-eagle application.

Regards,
                                Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X