Original items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original items?

Saw these on ebay. Don't know SS that well but are they good?
    jfig

Over 15,000 positive feedbacks, but with Fleabay's system, that don't mean squat.
    AND
    "we absolutely do NOT sell to, or ship to, or do any business with Middle Eastern and or communist countries. "
    Wow!
    It will get pulled off of the system as soon as someone complains about the dreaded WAFFEN SS words on there.

I always seem to get it wrong, but I'll throw my 2 cents in and probably get told that I am wrong again.
    I don't like the shape of the tab nor the type of buckram on the back.
    I have no opinion on the shoulder board.
    Tim

Comment

Thanks for the info. Didn't read all the bla bla on the description. Oh well.
      jfig

Comment

And we might as well save these pictures for posterity because, like it or not, it will become another useless thread without the pictures and they'll be gone from Fleabay soon enough!
        Attached Files

Comment

shoulderboard
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tejanofig View Post
            Thanks for the info. Didn't read all the bla bla on the description. Oh well.
            jfig
            Wait! Wait! I may end up being totally wrong. Just ask my wife!
            Let's hear some other much more informed opinions!!

Comment

Why the hell did they machine stitched the tab it self?
              Normally the back thread has been cut of the jacket or coat and not stitching on the back.

Comment

I like these insignia's...

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Meyer View Post
                  Why the hell did they machine stitched the tab it self?
                  Normally the back thread has been cut of the jacket or coat and not stitching on the back.
                  Take a look to most of Army Stug or Panzerwrapper Collartabs, they have a sewn for Hold the pipping and maybe for better hold of the buckram with the black wool and the second stiching is for sewn on the collar.

I know here it make no sens to sew the pipping with the machinestiching

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
                    Take a look to most of Army Stug or Panzerwrapper Collartabs, they have a sewn for Hold the pipping and maybe for better hold of the buckram with the black wool and the second stiching is for sewn on the collar.

I know here it make no sens to sew the pipping with the machinestiching
                    Exactly - even though this would also be called piping , it is IMO entirely different from colored piping ( on tabs or shoulderboards ) , and is more like twisted WIRE .
                    Which can only be applied ( to tabs or shoulderboards ) by various methods of hand-sewing , but never by machine stitching .
                    Tab that started this thread ( which still looks good to me from the picture ) , already must have hand-sewing to hold the wire , making the added machine stitching useless .. ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                      Exactly - even though this would also be called piping , it is IMO entirely different from colored piping ( on tabs or shoulderboards ) , and is more like twisted WIRE .
                      Which can only be applied ( to tabs or shoulderboards ) by various methods of hand-sewing , but never by machine stitching .
                      Tab that started this thread ( which still looks good to me from the picture ) , already must have hand-sewing to hold the wire , making the added machine stitching useless .. ?!

My thoughts either.
                      I like the tab but the machine stitching is useless.
                      I know they did this on panzer insigna but it's useless on this tab .

Comment

It looks to me as though the shoulder board has been played with.

Comment

I know wich pipping here is used, not that mostly on panzer tabs used "Rayonpippin".

I know that on this tabs (from post 1) the mashine stiching make no sens for pipping.

But you are incorect, i know from the existenc of erly Rune tabs wich mashine sewn pipping.
                          I add a picture from 1000% Original and untuched SS-Rune-Tab, but only show the pipping with stiching and i do not show the complet tab!
                          Attached Files

Comment

If that wire was indeed attached by machine ( and not just by very accurate hand-stitching , which they were capable of ) , then I have learned something new here - thanks for showing ..

Comment

If that wire was indeed attached by machine ( and not just by very accurate hand-stitching , which they were capable of )
                              Maybe you can see it here in a better way?
                              For me this rune-tab was the first time i saw the pipping machine sewn
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X